• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Maintenance Get Togethers / Hang Outs

Does this kind of thing ever happen?

I've been ordering a bunch of maintenance items (oil change, tranny fluid change, fuel filter, spark plugs, wiper blades etc) and looking to to do them in the coming month (May). Just wondering if we ever have a get together where we work on cars or what not. The NSX is quite new to me and I'd love to learn. Working on cars is not a new thing for me though. I have a lot of experience working on hondas/toyotas (civic,integra,s2000,etc), motor work, transmission work, etc

I'd offer up my place but I don't have a garage where we can work unfortunately. I've got tools, cash to buy beer, etc.

Just kinda throwing it out there. I've already met a lot of great members here in norcal.

I've been ordering a bunch of maintenance items (oil change, tranny fluid change, fuel filter, spark plugs, wiper blades etc) and looking to to do them in the coming month (May). Just wondering if we ever have a get together where we work on cars or what not. The NSX is quite new to me and I'd love to learn. Working on cars is not a new thing for me though. I have a lot of experience working on hondas/toyotas (civic,integra,s2000,etc), motor work, transmission work, etc

I'd offer up my place but I don't have a garage where we can work unfortunately. I've got tools, cash to buy beer, etc.

Just kinda throwing it out there. I've already met a lot of great members here in norcal.

This is a great idea and was actually proposed a while back by another Primer. But for some reason it just never took off which is a common for NSX events. So I think you just gotta do it meaning pick a date and place and eventually people will show up. I also have a list of things I need to do mostly just trying to get the car track ready again. I actually spent a good portion of my weekend underneath my NSX trying to get that friggin motor mount bolt through the front mount and trying to get a rear caliper bracket off. My back hurts, my arms are bruised and neither item has been completed. LOL. Point is I could have used an extra hand today. I got the space and air tools but I'm out in Tracy but willing to host.

This is a great idea and was actually proposed a while back by another Primer. But for some reason it just never took off which is a common for NSX events. So I think you just gotta do it meaning pick a date and place and eventually people will show up. I also have a list of things I need to do mostly just trying to get the car track ready again. I actually spent a good portion of my weekend underneath my NSX trying to get that friggin motor mount bolt through the front mount and trying to get a rear caliper bracket off. My back hurts, my arms are bruised and neither item has been completed. LOL. Point is I could have used an extra hand today. I got the space and air tools but I'm out in Tracy but willing to host.

Exactly. I'd love to help because I really enjoy wrenching.

I'll send you a PM when the time gets closer ;)

I was looking for similar event but it looks like it's hard to get people synced up on date and time. I don't have anything coming up now but if time permits will be glad to come over and help with anything.

Here's the place I want to check out next time: http://www.yelp.com/biz/pit-row-the-do-it-yourself-auto-shop-santa-clara

Good idea. I had never heard of that place. You posted a link to Yelp but here is a link to Pit Row's actual website. $30per hour is pretty good.

http://www.pitrow-diy.com/home.html

This is great. I'd like some help with replacing my oil pan since I have an aftermarket header. Would this be too much of a pain?

The key to all of this is to just do it. Sometimes you'll get a great turnout and other times not so much. But the thing about this group is that there are very few people who actually plan anything.

What I learned from planning a lot of things for our group is that you have to PM one or two people and work with them to get a place/date, then just post it up and say "this is what it is, this is where it's at, and this is when". If you just talk about it, nobody else will actually plan it.

At least that's been my experience.

J

i got my bolt through the mount, but i cant get my big ass arms up there to put the nut on. anyone know a easy of doing this on a 92 with ct headers?

i got my bolt through the mount, but i cant get my big ass arms up there to put the nut on. anyone know a easy of doing this on a 92 with ct headers?

I finally managed to do it on Tuesday. Felt so great to finally get it done.

The key to all of this is to just do it. Sometimes you'll get a great turnout and other times not so much. But the thing about this group is that there are very few people who actually plan anything.

What I learned from planning a lot of things for our group is that you have to PM one or two people and work with them to get a place/date, then just post it up and say "this is what it is, this is where it's at, and this is when". If you just talk about it, nobody else will actually plan it.

At least that's been my experience.

J

you are right on the dot! planning things like these takes $$ time and dedication.

set a date time location... and don't change anything.

btw i live close to Lifted and its a great place to work on your car. I hate jacking up my car!

I'm heading to PitRow (http://www.pitrow-diy.com/) tomorrow. Will be there from 9.30 to around 1pm;
if anybody wants to come over and work on their cars please give them a call.. I think they still have few lifts available

Solidol and I went over to Pit Row last saturday and it was an overall pretty good experience. The facility was pretty well stocked as far as tools but they also have lubricants, sprays, and other small things that was surprising. The owner Dennis was a pretty friendly guy to chat and work with. $30/hour aint too bad but aint too cheap either. Gotta make sure you account for any "murphy's law" type situations. Our 3-4 hours install ended up being 6 hours. This included almost an hour of running back and forth to a local honda dealer.

Overall, I'd say this is a good place for those that want to DIY or just want to get a chance to look over your car in a comfortable situation. I'll probably be back to do some things in the future because I like the idea of being able to check out every nook and cranny and even be able to clean the undercarriage of the car.

IMG_6545_zps0294af97.jpg

Thanks again to Solidol for the learning experience and good times.

Solidol and I went over to Pit Row last saturday and it was an overall pretty good experience. Thanks again to Solidol for the learning experience and good times.
I agree completely. Very clean and nice shop. Dennis the owner is good guy also. Keep in mind if you need a place to work on the car but don't need a lift they have a place for you too for something like $15/h;
Also worth mentioning: you can buy prepaid 10h and get 2h free; at the end of the day this is what I should have done. Planned for 4h but ended up with 6h instead. Especially considering I would have to go back to put my VVIS back (which I totally forgot about) buying 10h ahead would made more sense.

B2FiNiTY, totally likewise.

Solidol and I will be at Pitrow tomorrow from 9AM! Post up or message if anybody wants to join. :cool:

Another successful day at Pit Row!

Thanks again Solidol! Wouldn't be possible without you. We also did some work on his NSX but it was Difficult to take pictures.

hi!

Great meeting you at the bay2bay drive =) I'd love to spend more time around other Prime members to do various car stuff with.

Cheers!
-Mani

We're heading to pitrow tomorrow for some basic mods. Should be there for two three hours. Hit us up if you're in the area and let's go for a drive and quick bite

Back