• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

rear valve cover discontinued?

just got a call from the shop that powdercoats my valve covers, they cracked the rear one which just happens to be discontinued according to acuraoemparts. is this for real?

That's why I don't like powder coating the valve covers. It happened to mine too years ago. I think the heat doesn't agree with the magnesium.

That's why I don't like powder coating the valve covers. It happened to mine too years ago. I think the heat doesn't agree with the magnesium.

Perhaps it's the shop that is rough with the prep work and overall not adroit and/or careless?

I had mine powder coated in aluminum look (which is a double layer process that needs to hit the oven twice) with no issues.

1376501_10201442211195556_1125929070_n.jpg

1379290_10201442074592141_1397958569_n.jpg

12320-pr7-j00 is the rears number that got replaced by 04101-pr7-305 and it looks like our warehouse in la has 1 left...let me know if you need it..i'll help you as much as i can...

also depends on year...

Last edited:
I think the hook broke or something like it. Heat wasn't the issue. 400 degrees isn't all that hot.

Does anyone have pictures of NA2 rear valve covers?

The new/old valve covers are interchangeable. However you'll need both the new front and rear. They changed the PCV routing so the rear is the PCV and the front has the vent.

Last edited:
As I recall you bought the white NSX that had been sitting for 7 or 8 years.
I recall reading your episode with the seat removal.
You have a really worthwhile project on your hands.
Nothing quite as rewarding as restoring a classic car.

I was wondering if you considered completing your removal and replacement of basics plus do all the maintenance before starting on cosmetics?
If you now have to buy two new magnesium valve covers that money would pay for a lot of basic work.
Would hate to see you run low on funds and have to abandon your project.

Last edited:
The shop cracked my valve cover so they will pay for the cost of replacement. The reason I sent it off the powder coating was because I noticed paint peeling off on the valve covers as I performed valve adjustment. The cost of powder coating both valve covers was a little over $200. I would hate to see paint peeling off and dropped in the spark plug holes. So for a peace of mind, instead of paint the covers myself with rattle can, I sent them off to professional powder coating.

Back