• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Deals Gap

Curious how does the C7 compare, I was down to the NSX I just bought vs. an L3 C7 for the same $. Just always been an NSX fan, almost bought a 996 turbo at the last minute, but was never a Porsche guy.

One of these days I hope to get my NSX up that way. Went there several times with my S2000 to run with WTD and DBR. Big fun in a beautiful setting.

Three of us from San Antonio did the tail on the way home from NSXPO. It was challenging and fun. But watch out for bikers in the blind corners that like your side of the road. They are crazy suicidal. It is one of the best drives that you can have in an NSX at about 30mph. It's hard to go any faster as the curves come at you one right after the other for the entire 11 miles. There are no straights to gain speed. The one thing that I remember most is that although my tires never turned more than 25 MPH in the whole 11 miles, I could smell them and they were hot. I want to do it again sometime in the near future.

Attachments

• 20131014_163415.jpg
    20131014_163415.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN0120.jpg
    DSCN0120.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCN0121.jpg
    DSCN0121.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
The Dragon on the way to NSXPODeal's Gap to NSXPO Mod.jpg

Hey Buckeye, is that red NSX in the picture the one I bought? If you guys want to set up a ride this way at some point I'm happy to help out.

*edited* Nevermind, no rear valence.

Hey Buckeye, is that red NSX in the picture the one I bought? If you guys want to set up a ride this way at some point I'm happy to help out.

*edited* Nevermind, no rear valence.

Oldnews, The red one is a 91 with 02 wheels "brettowen" - really nice car. 3 of us left San Antonio and headed for NSXPO2103.
I drove my Imola, the one on the right in the pic, so that I could save the miles on the red one for you - hahah. Red stayed home in the garage while her sister went out for a long drive from San Antonio to Raleigh and back home.

Don't let him fool you. To Colin I'm the anti-Christ when it comes to the NSX. He wanted to trailer both to NSXPO 13 and we had to shame and guilt him into driving the Imola. We'll have to see what the route is to NSXPO 14, But I think it will be a little north of the tail this year. I'm looking for some fun roads on the route. We hope to see you in Ohio.

Back