• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Chemical Guys

I have just received few new products from Chemical Guys (http://www.chemicalguys.com/);
I'm very curios to see how Jet Seal works. Will post feedback as I go. But feel free to share your experience on other products these guys offer.

Nicely packaged:

cc1.jpg

I've got few more things: clay bar, trim gel and interior detailing brushes are probably the most needed for me now

cc2.jpg

I've used Jetseal on my cars for years, including the NSX up until last year when I switched to Klasse HG. It lasts very long and gives a nice shine to the car. I also use the CG 5050 paste wax for my NSX and the depth of gloss is amazing.

I've used Jetseal on my cars for years, including the NSX up until last year when I switched to Klasse HG. It lasts very long and gives a nice shine to the car. I also use the CG 5050 paste wax for my NSX and the depth of gloss is amazing.

Having a black NSX as well, I've wondered if you find the new sealants better than high % carnauba paste wax or vice versa?

In my experience the sealants are good in and of themselves, but also work very well in conjunction with a Carnuba for added depth, gloss in the finish. Applying a wax over a sealant also helps protect the sealant and extends it's useful life. 70+ percent of any detail is in the preparation of the surface prior to any sealant/wax, especially for dark colored cars.

In my experience the sealants are good in and of themselves, but also work very well in conjunction with a Carnuba for added depth, gloss in the finish. Applying a wax over a sealant also helps protect the sealant and extends it's useful life. 70+ percent of any detail is in the preparation of the surface prior to any sealant/wax, especially for dark colored cars.

So after claying/polishing you would do a sealant coat followed by a carnauba coat.
The solvents in the carnauba coat don't remove the sealant?

So after claying/polishing you would do a sealant coat followed by a carnauba coat.
The solvents in the carnauba coat don't remove the sealant?

no,i have done this on my dark green car. a detailer did claying/polishing,and then blackfire wet diamond paint sealer.i have put either blackfire midnight sun or collinite 845,both carnauba waxes, on top of that. as vanishing point says,the wax adds depth and gloss, and preserves rather than removing the sealant.

no,i have done this on my dark green car. a detailer did claying/polishing,and then blackfire wet diamond paint sealer.i have put either blackfire midnight sun or collinite 845,both carnauba waxes, on top of that. as vanishing point says,the wax adds depth and gloss, and preserves rather than removing the sealant.

Thank you all for this info
I had thought it was an either wax or sealant decision.
Now I'll do both

Any detailer I've ever talked to always does a coat of sealant then a coat of wax on top of that... the sealant for longer protection and wax for the deep gloss (and extend the life of the sealant). Then recommends re-waxing every month or 2 (user choice)... and completely re-doing the whole process every year or so.

You "could" just do a sealant only... or just do a wax only...... but 99% of people do both. (I'm guessing, at least from experience)

I have opticoat which is technically a "permanent" protective layer... and a lot of people with opticoat STILL add a layer of wax before a car show for the deep/wet gloss look... but opticoat apparently doesn't allow anything to bond so the wax is basically gone after a rain or wash. I personally have never applied anything on top of my opticoat other than a spray detailer after washing (Hybrid V7), and I LOVE the way it looks! (yeah sure, I bet it COULD look wetter/deeper, but I'm totally happy with opticoat... no maintenance... I don't have to wax my car ever!)

Thank you all for this info
I had thought it was an either wax or sealant decision.
Now I'll do both

It works with sealant then wax, but not the other way around as sealant will not adhere as well to wax (carnauba)
I use Menzerna Powerlock (reportedly same product as Blackfire Wet Diamond as mentioned above) and then P21s 100% Carnauba on my Berlina Black and the results are stunning and relatively easy to do. Jetseal 109 has been relegated to wheel duty.

I've been following sealant then wax on my other cars before. But nsx is my first black car. And honestly I'd say I care more about protecting the paint than how it looks. Hence coat of carnuba on top is optional. But in addition to make it look much better it will also act as temporary protection

I do sealant then wax as top layer. Used to be Jetseal + 5050 Paste. Now is Klasse + 5050 Paste. I do it every 6 months and my black NSX always looks good. :D

BLOWN AWAY with Souveran paste wax and cleansing lotion (http://www.amazon.com/Pinnacle-Natural-Brilliance-Souveran-Paste/dp/B0002LBLB4)on and Blackfire Sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-wet-diamond-sealant.html) on my fiance's black Roush Mustang.

Here's some Collinite 845 Insulator Wax and P21S wax on top of it on my M3. The reflection turned out great for a silver car:

The Souveran is one of the best waxes out there for a Black/red/blue car for a deep wet paint look/reflection, however Collinite and P21S lasts a little longer.

Last edited:
Also two products I liked the most: window cleaner and trim gel. First cleans great and doesn't feel dry. And trim gel brought my front lip back to almost like new look.

Last edited:
Back