• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Want a large JDM or aftermarket part from Japan? Split cargo shipping with others.

Hello Prime members,

Importing large items from Japan that cannot be shipped via Air (dimensional restrictions) is quite costly via a sea container. It is a minimum of 800.00 (per crate) plus about 2-3 months transit time. A deal breaker for most if you just want one large part for yourself.

I don't have the exact details yet on a crates dimensions, but was informed you can fit a set of wheels, a set of fenders, and bumper or two etc. <---Just an estimate from memory.

I wanted to create this thread to see how many people are ready = (money in hand) to purchase a large part from Japan (most likely at list price or little more - varies of course), but only holding off due to shipping costs.

So if you fit the description in the sentence above and ready to share shipping expenses with others, please list below what you are ready to purchase. I will try and source the parts in Japan and price it out for you. Even if only 2 people reply, that is a good savings in shipping costs versus doing it by yourself.

Thank you, Louis.

This is a great idea.... I will be in contact with ya!!!!

Thanks Louis for getting my RF Yamamoto Parts! Great customer service and a great guy!!

1399556716_zps4bd50ef5.jpg
1399556704_zps5b48ded3.jpg
1399556676_zpse5cb4e3f.jpg
1399556680_zps41936b57.jpg
1399556713_zps76bc1865.jpg
1399556719_zpsb9c259f7.jpg

I am interested in lexan hatch with a duct if possible ... What are the prices or where can this be looked up? As to what is available

widebody fenders

I'm interested in kite garage rear fenders/widebody.

I hope not...

Looks like I will be contacting Japan and getting information for everyone. I would like to request if you guys can provide specific links to the item you like. This will help and speed up the process when I do contact Japan for part numbers or descriptions if needed.

Thanks for the interest, Louis.

Is this page only in Japanese?

Yes sir, there really are not many websites that have english versions. If you use Google or another translator, you will be even more confused...generally speaking.

For John,

Here is what you are looking for:

http://www.suzuka-gt.net/NSX/other/gt_dc/index.html

For the guys looking for Kite Aero Parts:

http://homepage3.nifty.com/garage-kite/part.earo.htm

Enjoy!! Wait till you see what else Louis is getting for me....muahahahahaha!!! :) Thanks Louis!!

Want a large JDM or aftermarket part from Japan? Split cargo shipping with o...

Off the nifty page

Part #006

That front lip i would lile to get, how much is the conversion rate i googled yen to cdn dollar and 3800 is something 666

Last edited:
Yes sir, there really are not many websites that have english versions. If you use Google or another translator, you will be even more confused...generally speaking.

For John,

Here is what you are looking for:

http://www.suzuka-gt.net/NSX/other/gt_dc/index.html

I am trying to figure out what's the 2 different prices? Are one of the prices for with or with out the duct? Also does anyone know if it's plug and play or do I have to take the frame off my glass hatch and install it on the rks hatch like the SOS?

Last edited:
I am trying to figure out what's the 2 different prices? Are one of the prices for with or with out the duct? Also does anyone know if it's plug and play or do I have to take the frame off my glass hatch and install it on the rks hatch like the SOS?

I have the same questions! I am depending on the price for this

regarding http://www.suzuka-gt.net/NSX/other/gt_dc/index.html.

Frame is = 71,600yen
Acrylic Hatch = 100,800yen
GT Duct (FRP) = 100,800yen
Aluminum Funnel = 36,000yen
something about sealing = 36000yen
Total = 345,200yen
Assembled = 324,000yen (something along the lines of seperate vs kit pricing here is my guess)

Special price now is 265,300yen
Some other price (sorry my kanji has gone downhill so much!!) = 205,700yen my spoken japanese is a bit better (ie phone/conversation). Glad my katakana/hiragana's still up to speed.

I'd have to get w/ the wife for the parts i cant decrypt, if anyones interested. when the time comes, RouteKS parts will also be on my ride.

Last edited:
That oil pan is legit. I like it more than the ARC oil pan. Interested in that and OE windshield glass. Aftermarket just isn't cutting it.

I would like a US dollar on the oil pan.

After Japan tax and banks fees, about 835.00. Shipping not included.

That oil pan is legit. I like it more than the ARC oil pan. Interested in that and OE windshield glass. Aftermarket just isn't cutting it.

Is the OEM windshield not available in the USA?

I have the same questions! I am depending on the price for this

Still waiting on responses directly from the companies for quotes and availability. If I don't hear back from them end of this week, I will move one to my other sources.

Thank you, Louis.

Hi Louis,

Who do you recommend for camshafts in Japan?

Thank you in advance!

Chris

Back