• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Recovery / Track Addiction

that must be a great feeling to have this car working well.

It's cool to know it was resurrected back from the dead and is now doing what many NSX's out there will never get to do :)

- - - Updated - - -

Reference photo...

IMG_0190-L.jpg
IMG_1338-L.jpg

10532547_603977639703334_5553825565300759797_n.jpg

Huge thanks to Jim Coz for the DAYS of work into getting this cars engine assembled and back in the car while was in the hospital. Another huge thanks to SOS for getting me parts in a HURRY and making sure Jim had everything he needed to assemble the engine on time.

Thanks to my sponsor SPN for helping me put this all together to open up our inaugural two races with two FIRST PLACE finishes in an untested car with 100 miles on it with 2 year old scrub tires.

More greatness to come.

Last edited:
whats the wet weight?

whats the wet weight?
Full load with all equipment/cage and a FULL tank of gas with me in it is now 2670. There is a little more weight to come out still :)

Empty weight is 2440 (no gas, no me).

Currently still has passenger provisions as well. That will probably change :)

Last edited:
wow compared to the 3000lb street car that must feel nice

wow compared to the 3000lb street car that must feel nice

My co-driver has a 240whp Miata with 300ft/lb of torque (this car was my main rival in 2011 and 2012) and said this thing turns in better.... I didn't think ANYTHING turned in better than a Miata lol.

Still at it. Might actually get a championship win here in the area if I am lucky now that I have more supporters backing the car finally!

The points chase continues!

What do you guys think of the transformation so far?

34F54ABC-C1ED-440B-AF9F-21AE9CE1A642_zpsiprjcpe7.jpg

Attachments

• nsx now.jpg
    nsx now.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 623
Last edited:
Brian,
As long as nothing catastrophic happens this year (knock on wood), I am so far ahead in the Super Touring 2 points that a championship win in its first year competing is guaranteed!

Just had the engine dyno'd again. 307whp N/A. Keeps picking up a few HP every 1000 miles.

Kicking ass and taking names (and calling to make sure they are OK in the morning).

Well done ! That's very impressive that our old lady is still relevant. Well piloting skills are also a big factor ;)
Suspension wise did you go for non compliance clamps and bushings ? How are NA2 brakes holding up over a full race ?

Yeah this thread isn't as exciting as others but I find its pretty cool due to the cars history.

The suspension is has clamps and rear toe rods, still a compliance rear end though, doesn't bug me honestly.

The Na2 brakes have not shown one sign of fatigue at all. I set the bias with brake temp paint and it seems pretty happy. Not remotely interested in a big brake kit or anything like that. Most of this cars ability is to brake late and through the corner, but many over use this ability and end up scrubbing corner speed / overheating their brakes.

The na2 brakes are DEFINITELY better than the 91 spec stuff which I had on my last car. Thanks BRIAN from Source1 for giving these to me instead of 91's!

It's so awesome to have it finally a complete project! :)

I'm with you on the 97+ brakes over a BBK. and 307hp from a NA1 is awesome those pistons must help that package come alive

The pistons amplified the ITB's and increased the torque quite a bit.

The car makes 307whp at 6900rpm and holds it flat until 8300 and tapers off.

It more or less moved the entire powerband pre-piston to the left and gave me much more mid range.

E85 will be fun someday~

11700571_679272302173867_2495863082788132525_o.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

The duct tape ad's style and thankfully hasn't slowed it down lol!

Still leading for ST2!

MASIV Signed of for a sponsorship too, thanks to Jim's kind words about the project!

That is a cool car and you've done an awesome job. It looks like a whole lot of fun.

It's getting even better! Next version for 2016 will be up soon!

We won ST2 for the region officially after nationals (we have such a large points gap, we cannot be caught).

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it is, with NASA windows stay down! In the case of this car, we have no windows lol

Back