• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

"solidol" 94 BB: maintenance/build

That looks like that one famous street in sf... :tongue:
Nah.. you won't believe where that is..

1ca31d6db0edbf70a6b7755cc1e07687.jpg

I love these build pages. Thanks for spending the time to document and post your progress.

I am sad to hear that the V2 had too much drone for you. I was interested in that exhaust. But, neat to see the header work. Were the gains noticeable after both headers where installed? What about engine noise post header? I too am worried about drone. I like the performance gain from headers but also interested in the high pitch sound created by the V2.

Thanks again!

I love these build pages. Thanks for spending the time to document and post your progress.
I am sad to hear that the V2 had too much drone for you. I was interested in that exhaust. But, neat to see the header work. Were the gains noticeable after both headers where installed? What about engine noise post header? I too am worried about drone. I like the performance gain from headers but also interested in the high pitch sound created by the V2.
Thanks again!
After installing rear CT header you can immediately feel noise level change. I was driving with rear header only for few weeks until front was installed. But even with oem exhaust muffler you can tell the difference. Once I put CT Gen2 I think it will flow even better and net better feel and response. V2 is great and I enjoyed it quite a lot - but my problem was drone and it was too loud suppressing induction noise. Plus I like to roll stealth :)

After installing rear CT header you can immediately feel noise level change. I was driving with rear header only for few weeks until front was installed. But even with oem exhaust muffler you can tell the difference. Once I put CT Gen2 I think it will flow even better and net better feel and response. V2 is great and I enjoyed it quite a lot - but my problem was drone and it was too loud suppressing induction noise. Plus I like to roll stealth :)

If you like induction noise you should get an intake scoop and a Uni Filter! Love mine.

If you like induction noise you should get an intake scoop and a Uni Filter! Love mine.
I don't want to deal with all the garbage that gets in. Then clean filter etc.. just too much hassle. My oem intake setup will soon be outdated anyway ;)

I just bought a slightly used Gen 2 CT exhaust and seller says it weighs about 19lbs less (48 vs 29 IIRC). I haven't installed yet but will do so this weekend hopefully and will weigh both stock NA2 and the CTv2. However, just realized you have NA1...but still.

Thank you. Exhaust is very touchy subject for me :smile: I will most likely get CT Eng Gen2. I really really like oval/oem tips and unless 02+ valence anything other than oval or quad just doesn't look right to me. So that's pending.. plus I think CT gives just right amount of noise increase over stock. I much prefer induction over exhaust noise.

I don't remember the weight difference but it was pretty significant. I haven't weighted CT headers. OEM weight is up there. You can always ask Nate about CT Headers weight and compare.

Regas have been sold. Will probably get a set later as it's still one of my favorite wheels for NSX.

I just bought a slightly used Gen 2 CT exhaust and seller says it weighs about 19lbs less (48 vs 29 IIRC). I haven't installed yet but will do so this weekend hopefully and will weigh both stock NA2 and the CTv2. However, just realized you have NA1...but still.
Oem Na1 exhaust is around 40lbs if I remember right. And Gen2 must be around 30.. definitely not 19 - this is endura light/pride lightweight and all the titanium jpn made stuff.

But please weight both and post. Also if you can nice video would be good to see/listen

19lbs less, not 19lbs total. Will try and weigh it tonight to be sure.

Yes, plan is to do video and decibel at various engine speeds before and after. Wish I had my own Dyno.....;o)

Oem Na1 exhaust is around 40lbs if I remember right. And Gen2 must be around 30.. definitely not 19 - this is endura light/pride lightweight and all the titanium jpn made stuff.

But please weight both and post. Also if you can nice video would be good to see/listen

Last edited:
Ah.. yeah that sounds more like it ;)

I typooed (now corrected above) should be 19lbs less not 10lbs less. So an NA2 stock exhaust weighs more than an NA1? Anyway, we shall see shortly....!

My 1991 exhaust weighed in at 44.5 lbs. Most aftermarket stainless mufflers are anywhere from 25 to 35 lbs depending on packing and can size. Like solidol said, any 19 lb stainless exhaust is going to be loud and probably drone. The only way you can achieve OEM quality at that weight is to go titanium. My Fujitsubo Super Ti exhaust is 19 lbs, quiet like stock, max flow possible, and no drone. :D Sometimes you gotta pay lol. I know the CT Gen2 is lighter than Gen1, but not sure of the exact weight. Probably still around 25-30 lbs. It's a great muffler for the NSX.

Btw, LOVE this thread. Solidol, our cars are twins. :D

CT Gen 2 is 30lbs 6oz (not 20lbs 4oz as previously stated here) using digital bathroom scales (that read in decimals as in 30.4lbs). NA2 adapters and 6 SS bolts, nuts and 12 washers and a gasket add about 3lb 5 oz using digital kitchen scales. For those with extreme OCD, make and model of scales as well as current temperature, altitude and air pressure can be made available for a small fee...

So that's 33lbs 11 oz vs an NA2, which I will weigh (hopefully accurately this time) at the weekend.

Last edited:
CT Gen 2 is 20lbs 4oz using digital bathroom scales. NA2 adapters and 6 SS bolts, nuts and 12 washers and a gasket add about 3lb 5 oz using digital kitchen scales. For those with extreme OCD, make and model of scales as well as current temperature, altitude and air pressure can be made available for a small fee...

So that's 23lbs 9 oz vs an NA2, which I will weigh (hopefully) at the weekend.

That's way less than I expected. Thanks for sharing

That's way less than I expected. Thanks for sharing

Except I did the math wrong. I had it in my head that seller said it weighed 19lbs (rather than 19lbs less) so did my subtractions with that number in mind. The real number is actually 30.4lbs, not 20.4lbs, so I hope you didn't race out and buy one based on my numbers. Senility set in early this year, sorry. I'll correct the above posts so as not to confuse anyone else. God knows what a mess I'll make of the decibel readings, let alone the install....:eek:( Probably be 480dB at idle, and 5dB at 8000rpm.

Last edited:
Finally replaced oem end links and put anti sway bar to work full time ;) difference between these and oem is truly amazing - once again proving mods need to be thoughtful and not half done. Just need to figure out what to use to lubricate the joints and stay tuned for Dave to release rubber boots.

IMAG3405.jpg
IMAG3399.jpg
tidave.jpg

PitRow shop

nsxlift.jpg

//special thanks to Dennis (B2FiNiTY) for help and good times today at the shop

Last edited:
Except I did the math wrong. I had it in my head that seller said it weighed 19lbs (rather than 19lbs less) so did my subtractions with that number in mind. The real number is actually 30.4lbs, not 20.4lbs, so I hope you didn't race out and buy one based on my numbers. Senility set in early this year, sorry. I'll correct the above posts so as not to confuse anyone else. God knows what a mess I'll make of the decibel readings, let alone the install....:eek:( Probably be 480dB at idle, and 5dB at 8000rpm.

Installed the Comptech V2. Stock exhaust weighs in at about 52lbs. So a nice weight saving there. And a nice upgrade from stock. Inside just more bass, no drone. Outside, similar but I am not so worried about that.

Recording dB levels turned out to be way harder to do well that I expected. I haven't done the new numbers yet, but found out half way through the stock exhaust measurements that Android Soundmeter (I think its called, my S4 screen just died an hour ago....) only seems to go to 84dB. So used my sons iPhone app but that is so sensitive it became very hard to read a steady number. I'll post what we found though.

Last edited:
Great thread! Did you install the Bilstein with OEM springs?

If yes - why? I am thinking about doing the same with my Koni.

Looking good Roman, nice work.
Thanks Rob!

Great thread! Did you install the Bilstein with OEM springs?

If yes - why? I am thinking about doing the same with my Koni.
Yeah Bilstein on upper perch. Stock springs. I would probably go lower now since I don't daily it anymore. For $500 nothing beats Bilsteins ;)

ABS bleeding completed. Dennis(B2FiNiTY) thanks for your help man.

abs_bleed.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Rob!

Yeah Bilstein on upper perch. Stock springs. I would probably go lower now since I don't daily it anymore. For $500 nothing beats Bilsteins ;)

ABS bleeding completed. Dennis(B2FiNiTY) thanks for your help man.

I need to do the bleeding too. Sometimes it sounds as if I ran over a bunch of squirrels...

Back