• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

same clunker?

Doc I'm getting old and starting to revert into behaving like a child again.

Hi guys I took the leap and purchased this 2005 NSX with the VIN # JH4na21695s000025 after I had the car taken to and gone over by Walker Acura in New Orleans. The Service Manager (also a NSX owner) did a overall review of the car for me. He said the car is in very good shape. I then flew out my mechanic and fellow NSX owner to look at the car after hearing all the chatter about this vehicle. I found the police report and the picture of the car damage thanks to you guys on NSXPrime. Not all that significant in the scope of things. My mechanic did his review and he completed the purchase of the car for me and drove it back to Phoenix (1,500 miles) and he said the car drove great. I need a windshield sprayer nozzle and a O-2 sensor replaced. The car is in great shape and beautiful. I looked for an NSX for a year and now I've got one.

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the club.

Why did this poster reply to all threads related to this car and cut and paste the same response? Seems kinda shoddy.

The dealership I took the car to in New Orleans was Walker Acura, 8951 Veterans Blvd. Metairie, LA 70003.

The reason I copied and posted my comments on most current "VIN # JH4na21695s000025" related topics was because there was such a shadow cast over this car that it was difficult for me to move forward with this process. I decided to do my home work on the car for myself and use professionals to tell me what they thought of the car. Once I had clarity that this car wasn't a problem at all I jumped on the opportunity. The only obvious exception was the Salvage Title but that also proved out not to be so bad as well. It seems that it doesn't take much of a hit to write a car like this off. I think that is due to the popularity of this car and the insurance company's believe it makes better sense to write off the car as they'll get great salvage value out of the car, so I think it's pure economics decision.

I also wanted to post my comments so that anyone who was in my position, looking for a "wondercar" takes the matter into their own hands and checks things out on their own. Facts are usually better than 3rd hand information. There can be great value in finding out the truth, both positive and negative.

To those that have offered a "Welcome to the Club" I thank them and look forward to seeing you all on the streets!

congrats, and remember they don't make anything yellow for the interior anymore so you need to make sure you don't damage any of the leather,

some guys with different or should I say hard find colored interior end up swapping to black as you can find black colored interior parts easy.

Hmmm, this wouldn't be the seller feeding us a line of bull would it? I wonder if the inspection report could be posted? By the way which "streets" do you call home.

Last edited:
have fun with it..just remember to advertise it honestly when its your time to sell.

Well good luck with everything hope you like it. Curious why it lists 3.0 liter motor? Is this an automatic?

Last edited:
It's an 6 speed standard and the engine is a 3.2 L. Thanks for your good wishes oldnews. I've been out driving and love what it has to offer.

I also realize that this car has had plenty of darkness around it. I'll post information on this link to provide creditability to what's real and what's BS.

I'm a proud owner and looking to clear this title's name. :)

Olie

- - - Updated - - -

2005 NSX - my Baby.jpg

My new baby!

Last edited:
Once I had clarity that this car wasn't a problem at all I jumped on the opportunity. The only obvious exception was the Salvage Title but that also proved out not to be so bad as well. It seems that it doesn't take much of a hit to write a car like this off.

Actually it takes quite a hit to total a car - it takes damage resulting in repairs costing at least 70-75% of the acv to result in a write off. So with an '05 you are looking at damage of 50k or more.

But good luck with it. Just trying to keep the history straight for future buyers since at least one member here has purchased a car with a certificate of destruction title that ended up getting washed (amazingly legally) and it now has a clean title which he has been touting. Not saying you are going to do that but as much as we wish you well with your purchase, we also are going to keep its history recorded here.

You guys should start a task force called "the Nsx police" and monitor every sale and what people pay and any previous damage and create drama and make people shy away from cars for no apparent reason other than your own fears and opinions, cuz you don't know the reality apparently. Or you can mind your own business and let sellers sell and buyers buy unless your opinion is asked for. Op the car seems a far cry from a "clunker". My 2c.

Last edited:
You guys should start a task force called "the Nsx police" and monitor every sale and what people pay and any previous damage and create drama and make people shy away from cars for no apparent reason other than your own fears and opinions, cuz you don't know the reality apparently. Or you can mind your own business and let sellers sell and buyers buy unless your opinion is asked for. Op the car seems a far cry from a "clunker". My 2c.

who is creating drama? The buyer went in knowing the history of the car so he could pay a price he was comfortable with. Would you rather everyone keep quiet about salvaged and "issue" cars and have people overpay and buy something with hidden problems?

It's outside influences that create a falsified value or devalue of our cars. I for one when and if i sell my car will never sell it on this site. But I'm sure some trolls will find it on craigs list or something and let it pass their self proclaimed "retail value guide " that the whole community should follow by. If it doesn't meet their standards I'm sure everyone will hear about it. It's basic slander and I feel sorry for the people that are subject to it. Oh shit it had a scratch on it once so you better be careful possibly other issues like the tranny is about to fall out. Stay away from this car! On the other hand I'm sure by getting your hands in everyone's business a small percentage of the claims are legit and saved some buyers from headaches but in the process probably ruined many legit and good deals for folks where both parties may have been happy. Maybe not YOU but THEM. There's always a risk in buying used anyways so if a buyer wanted to avoid this they might just want to go buy a new vehicle under warranty.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been saving up my anger since the convertible post. It seems the same dudes are slamming cars left right and centre. Leave the guy alone and let him sell his car for god sakes.

It's outside influences that create a falsified value or devalue of our cars. I for one when and if i sell my car will never sell it on this site. But I'm sure some trolls will find it on craigs list or something and let it pass their self proclaimed "retail value guide " that the whole community should follow by. If it doesn't meet their standards I'm sure everyone will hear about it. It's basic slander and I feel sorry for the people that are subject to it. Oh shit it had a scratch on it once so you better be careful possibly other issues like the tranny is about to fall out. Stay away from this car! On the other hand I'm sure by getting your hands in everyone's business a small percentage of the claims are legit and saved some buyers from headaches but in the process probably ruined many legit and good deals for folks where both parties may have been happy. Maybe not YOU but THEM. There's always a risk in buying used anyways so if a buyer wanted to avoid this they might just want to go buy a new vehicle under warranty.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been saving up my anger since the convertible post. It seems the same dudes are slamming cars left right and centre. Leave the guy alone and let him sell his car for god sakes.

How is it slander to post the fact that this car has a salvage title and also post the photo showing the damage to the car that led to the salvage history?

Your right there is nothing wrong with that. Slander was the wrong word. Meddling is better. I just had to get that off my chest sorry if i vented. You guys just continue doing what your doing. Cheers.

Drink some clos du val...

And if kev bought a car with a washed title which no one happened to mention, well oh well, I'm sure the bitching would be the other way.

I the new owner of this maligned wonder car, state that this fabulous motor car is no clunker. I've had this car gone over by the very best here in Phoenix. I started with North Scottsdale Acura, then to Science of Speed (the very best in working and fixing the NSX in the southwest US) and Elwood Body Works, the place where people that take the cars go to get body work done. What I've discovered is that much of the restoring of the car, after the accident wasn't done in the best way. I have a meticulously plan to totally restored the car back to its original being. Don at Elwood Body Work stated to me after measuring the distance between the outside edges of the rims on both sides of the car and determined that there is less than 1/8" difference in length between the both sides of the car. His statement to me was that he felt that the frame isn't bent. I will follow up with Don and Elwood Body Work to restore this car to its original state. Science of Speed changed out the sensors and replaced a few non-treated bolts and plans to replace a shield that was missing along with additional several bolts and brackets that were either incorrect parts or simply missing. Soon this car will be restored to such an extent that I'm simply going to enjoy driving it here in the sun of Arizona. Open to your feedback. By the way I'll post relevant invoices and notes as I go about my work to make this car right.

Last edited:
Back