• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Steering Rack Knock Bush

Hi, guys here in the land of Oz we have engineered a solution to eliminate steering rack knock experienced by older and/or high km/mileage NSX’s by using the NSX Knock Bush.

What we have found is the rack knock is caused by the rack housing on the passenger side wearing - there is no bearing or bush on this end so after years of driving and off-side road pot holes the aluminum housing wears and the rack shaft has slop and causes knock over low speed bumps.

Easy to identify where the knock is coming from - jack passenger front wheel up and check if there is sideways or top knock/movement. Any sideways knock/movement then the rack housing is worn which either requires replacement (very expensive) or fitment of the NSX Knock Bush. If you find top/bottom knock or movement then there’s another issue other than the rack, most likely warn top or bottom ball joints.

Attached is a pic of the bush and installation video only takes approximately 1/2 hour to fit and no special tools required.

I have had my NSX Knock Bush fitted for over 3 years know with no problems (approx 10,000kms) and 6-8 track days.

Summary
• Easy to identify knock cause
• No special tools or equipment required
• Low cost of repair (compared to only other option – rack replacement)

The NSX Knock Bush is in stock and ready to ship.

Please pm me if you require further info and/or pricing (got nothing to hide its $150.00US inc. freight)

PayPal is the preferred payment option use: [email protected] and reference NSX Knock Bush including your delivery details.

Attachments

• NSX Knock Bush.jpg
    NSX Knock Bush.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 2,598
Looks like a good solution for the steering rack knock issue. Do you know anyone here in the US that already installed this product?

This is very good to know. I think I may be experiencing this kind of knock I'm trying to chase/reproduce for some time now. But I'm also pretty sure I can find brass/aluminum spacer like this for less than ten bucks in the nearest hardware store. I may be wrong but this is how it looks like to me

Looks like a good solution for the steering rack knock issue. Do you know anyone here in the US that already installed this product?
I have sold a few to NSX owners in the US I'll let them pipe in and make comments.

- - - Updated - - -

This is very good to know. I think I may be experiencing this kind of knock I'm trying to chase/reproduce for some time now. But I'm also pretty sure I can find brass/aluminum spacer like this for less than ten bucks in the nearest hardware store. I may be wrong but this is how it looks like to me

Good luck just what you need is a $10.00 hardware spacer connected to your steering system.

Does any material need to be removed from the rack to install this bushing? Or is it located in a space that was previously empty?

Is it worth doing both sides of the rack or is wear usually confined to one side?

What is the bushing made out of?

Thanks!

This is good stuff. Does the worn housing apply to both the manual rack and power steering rack? If so, I'll may buy a set just for future use later down the road.

This is good stuff. Does the worn housing apply to both the manual rack and power steering rack? If so, I'll may buy a set just for future use later down the road.

Same here, I have a manual rack that is knocking and I'm ready to order if this works for it.

Does any material need to be removed from the rack to install this bushing? Or is it located in a space that was previously empty?

Is it worth doing both sides of the rack or is wear usually confined to one side?

What is the bushing made out of?

Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply been away with work at late.

The bush fits in a vacant spot in the alloy housing so no modification is required.

The rack only wears from the passenger side (drivers side has the rack and pinion so adjustment can be made if necessary) so only that end requires fitting of the Knock Bush if there is wear.

The bush is made from sintered bronze alloy.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Chris the manual rack only succumbs to wear in this location and causes rack knock the EPS rack is a different creature has more support on the passenger side.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Same here, I have a manual rack that is knocking and I'm ready to order if this works for it.

The bush does work and is a simple and straight forward install.

- - - Updated - - -

Have just installed my knock bush and all the problems with knocking and some other steeringrelated sounds are now gone. The Steering also feels better.

Thanks Kenneth im glad it work out for you did the second bush ever turn up as I ended sending you two.

- - - Updated - - -

Can we get a group buy?

Sure why not what a great idea.

GROUP BUY

For the first 10 to order the NSX Knock Bush I will reduce the price from $150.00US to $120.00US and still provide free shipping worldwide.

Cut off time 19th July, 2014.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
Ill take one! Thanks, Frank

Hi Frank, Please send $120.00US to my PayPal account with your delivery address and I will send the NSX Knock Bush to you today.

Many thanks.

Payment sent today through your Paypal account today. Please let me know when you ship it out. Thanks - Henry

Payment sent today through your Paypal account today. Please let me know when you ship it out. Thanks - Henry

Thank you Henry I will post it today.

I'd buy that for a dollar! Or 120. Payment sent.

Thank you Andreas will post first thing tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

GROUP BUY

5 Sold

5 To go

- there is no bearing or bush on this end so after years of driving and off-side road pot holes the aluminum housing wears and the rack shaft has slop and causes knock over low speed bumps.

Yes there is a bushing in there.....

1619094_10152495504485622_7574939006289197189_n.jpg

Hi AJ I have fitted and sold many of these bushes to early manual steering rack NSX's and there have never been any bush fitted. Unless your bush is for the EPS rack.

Back