• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Autobahn Country Club HPDE Video

Well did another track day at Autobahn this week, I use to love this track but these days the pavement is not in the best of shape. The track surface is so bumpy in all the braking and track out areas that it is difficult to turn any kind of decent track times. My personal best on this full course 3.56 Mile 20 turn track is 2:46.15 this time out on the track I could only muster a 2:47.47 and only got into the 2:47's three times. This track in the full course configuration is a HP track as all the turns are simply there to connect and setup the many straights. It is a point and shoot high WHP cars dream come true.

The attached video will give you an idea about how rough the track is. I shot the video using my ussual camera mount and possition that normally results in a very watchable video but this time on this surface the camera shake is rediculous. Anyway if you have never been to Autobahn it is worth the trip lets just hope that they do some work on the surface to smooth things out.

Next Stop Putnam Park, one of my favorite tracks.

Dave

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6FEI5sAoUCE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Love those variable vain turbo's on insta-spool at mid revs right before the apex! Looks fast as always. I was there on the South course, as you know, and I was not impressed with the bumps - especially T7 where I was having trouble getting down into 2nd every other lap - the rear end was hopping so much on the brakes and with no ABS I was getting lockup just as I would try to select 2nd. I've got my parts coming, should be here early next week, I'm gonna sign up for Putnam.

Love those variable vain turbo's on insta-spool at mid revs right before the apex! Looks fast as always......I've got my parts coming, should be here early next week, I'm gonna sign up for Putnam.

The Turbos have been a blast and drives just like my CTSC did on track except I do not loose 20whp per lap. I love the no kick in the but feel of these turbos, just smooth progressive power right on tip in. I will see you at Putnam, should be a blast. I do not have a lot of tire left so I will be burning up what is left on my two sets of track wheels. Hope I can make it through both days. I will have room in my truck or trailer to drag some wheels down if you need me to.

At Autobahn I was playing with courner entry and changing my apex all day trying to find a smoother path, but the braking zones are all nasty. The track cross over from north to south track just after pit out is extreemly bumpy and upsets the car in a way that will not allow for any additional brake inputs after turn in and very little ability to get on the gas untill well past the first of two apex, but gave me a chance to work on a slow in fast out line to setup the pass on the next short straight. It was almost impossible to not lock the rears if you were downshifting and braking or trail braking near the limit. You can hear the rears squawk on any attempt to go to 2nd under braking. It really is too bad that they have not addressed these issues, they did do a lot of patch work to deal with the areas of the pavement that were crumbling but short of grinding the surface of the pavement smooth or repaving I am not sure they can fix this. I guess this is what happens over time when you build a race track over a swamp.

Dave

Good Day All:

We have a limited number of spots remaining for our August 4th track day at Autobahn Country Club.

Registration is available on line with Pay Pal (you can use any major credit card through the Pay Pal system) or a mail-in registration for all our track events at:

http://www.MVPTrackTime.com/id47.html

Feel free to contact me at (314) 249-3770 or [email protected] if you have any questions. Happy Motoring!

Feff

Back