• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Who still hates the hybrid?

A 12C should weigh 2,600lbs? At 3,100lbs its the weight of a 02+ NSX which is impressive with its big wheels tires, breaks, V8, DCT trans, turbos, active suspension, intercoolers, and meeting modern safety standards and getting the gas mileage and ride quality it has.

A 12C should weigh 2,600lbs? At 3,100lbs its the weight of a 02+ NSX which is impressive with its big wheels tires, breaks, V8, DCT trans, turbos, active suspension, intercoolers, and meeting modern safety standards and getting the gas mileage and ride quality it has.
Couldn't agree more.
Amount of speed, comfort, technology and track capability 12C has yet it only weighs 3100 lbs is an amazing feat IMO.

I can't understand why they don't offer both versions, sure they would have more sales that way and engineering non-hybrid version wouldn't take a lot of R&D

Top 3 cars in lemans were all hybrids. I don't think this is because the manufacturers were looking to please popular culture. Yes you can go Really fast without it, but seems that mfgs have figured out ways to go even faster with it.

because rules are set up to suit them, the same way the rules are set up for diesel cars to win (allowed more displacement, turbo pressure and what not), it's what car companies want to promote their products so consumers would buy their new cars, and Le Mans organisers need big companies because they bring money, simple

if you adjust the rules you can make a formula 1 car run on wood faster than on rocket fuel...

I agree with liftnot. Remember, it's a carbon-tubbed car; it's not unit body steel or an aluminum spaceframe. 3100 is too heavy for a sportscar. I remember back about a decade ago when they weighed a Zonda, with its big heavy V12, and it came in right around 2700. New LaFerrari is also below 3000 - and that's with all the battery and additional motor stuff. 12C is just a straight ICE, and it should be way below 3100.

Back