• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX LoveFab at Spa Francorchamps

There was a track day two weeks ago at Spa and I participated with my NSX.
There must have been over 100 Porsches there but...only one NSX.
I shot a short video to share a view of the cockpit.
In case you wonder the car that passed me real quick is a racing Mac Laren.
I'm sure the truck it came on must have cost one million dollars:cool:
The NSX was on Toyo R 888 tires running with 8psi of boost.
Here we go ( please no comments about the hands, it's a habit I took when driving on ice):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZY6lcfoCLk&feature=youtu.be

Very Cool, I can not believe that the F1 guys run Eau Rouge flat. It just does not seam possible. Looks like a lot of fun, I am sorry the guy next to you was so bored he spent the entire time texting, These kids today.

Dave

Nice, I would love to drive that track…

Here's a picture coming out of a bend at maximum acceleration.
I believe I still have too much roll?
It doesn't show on this picture but I saw others where it was quite clear.
Should I upgrade to 1" swaybars ?
Both front and rear?

NSXatSpa001_zps5765e30c.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a picture coming out of a bend at maximum acceleration.
I believe I still have too much roll?
It doesn't show on this picture but I saw others where it was quite clear.
Should I upgrade to 1" swaybars ?
Both front and rear?

I have basically the same setup as you, Bilsteins, Tanabe Spring, 1" Sway. I use to run the 22mm Dali bar front and OEM bar rear, and upgraded it to the 1" bar up front. It did help to reduce the roll a bit but at the expense of a numb turn in. It did help a little with tire wear on the outside edges as I do not have a front camber kit installed yet and max front camber I can get is -1.8*. I think the best thing to do if you are willing to go with coil overs is to bump the spring rates up and you may find the 1" bar too much if you do that. Higher spring rates will help to control the roll quicker than the higher rate bar, but it will effect the ride if you drive it on the street much.

Dave

Last edited:
Very Cool, I can not believe that the F1 guys run Eau Rouge flat. It just does not seem possible.

Downforce, baby! And very large attachments.:biggrin: Maybe it should be renamed to "Eau Marron", to match the color of the shorts of drivers that go through there flat.

I am sorry the guy next to you was so bored he spent the entire time texting, These kids today.

Texting, maybe not. Recording cell phone video, maybe?

Last edited:
Back