• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Dear Primers - I Need Your Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the epicenter of the Zombie Apocalypse
Dear Primers,

Thank you for your help. A special thank you to the local guys (you know who you are) that reached out in person. :)

Thanks to you all, I've regained my strength and the road ahead looks much brighter. Hopefully this post doesn't jinx things! :)

More to follow............................

Ed In A Box 01.jpg

Last edited:
I will send some funds for ya Hugh your one of my favorite posters on NSXPRIME, always real, always to the point, no BS, smart guy, great taste in cars, lives in a great area ( Florida ) and if I was in need I think you and a few other NSXPRIME members would try to help me.

Pm me I have great ideas and looking for a partner to start something up.

We will say some prayers for you Hugh..I hope your local nsx friends have removed all of your firearms.If not someone please do until Hugh can get the correct meds balance.Also a short stay in a controlled psych inpatient setting may be helpful.You need to get someone to oversee your life right now until you have smoothed out your mood.

We will say some prayers for you Hugh..I hope your local nsx friends have removed all of your firearms.If not someone please do until Hugh can get the correct meds balance.Also a short stay in a controlled psych inpatient setting may be helpful.You need to get someone to oversee your life right now until you have smoothed out your mood.

John, we have made arrangements to address this situation. He is in constant contact with his doctor and I am available for him to call me whenever needed. It took a lot of courage for him to make this post for help. His original letter was five pages long and I helped him edit it down.

I am fairly new to prime.. I've had my Nsx for less than a year.. It is such a great community and although we have never met, I have seen in your other posts how much you love the Nsx and it's members ... I live in Wellington.. So if there is anything you need please pm me.. I will send some funds your way... I don't have much to give.. But I am guessing every little bit right now counts.. We will have you in our prayers and hope that things turn around for you ..

John, we have made arrangements to address this situation. He is in constant contact with his doctor and I am available for him to call me whenever needed. It took a lot of courage for him to make this post for help. His original letter was five pages long and I helped him edit it down.

You are his angel right now.....

Hugh we are all here for you. and the firearm thing is a good idea I thought of that after I posted, don't worry you will get them back.

Hugh, we met briefly at NSXPO last year. I'm so sorry that you are having to go through this. You are doing the right thing by reaching out for help. You are a courageous man and stronger than you realize. I sent you something by Paypal. It's not a lot but I hope it helps. More importantly, you are on my prayer list that God will give you strength to overcome these trials. I hope that the response of friends helps you realize that you are loved and valued. I always look forward your posts. In fact, I'll be installing SOS twins on my NSX in a couple weeks because of your post about your long term experience with the kit. Keep us informed of your progress.

Ed.S

Last edited:
I hope things work out for you Hugh, I wish I could give advice but the only thing I can say is try and stay positive... I know, harder than it sounds but you have friends here. Although we've never met I remember your posts of back when, the iron maiden handle, and your Charlotte high mileage updates.

Keep going, I paypaled you a little something as well...

Hugh,

I don't know what words to put here, but I will be brief.

I'm so sad to hear of your troubles, but am glad you have reached out to us, your NSX family. We Are Here For You. I Am Here For You.

I've had some issues of my own over the years, and I talked to a few Primers about this during last years NSXPO.
Unfortunately, I had a recurrence of my condition right after getting home from NSXPO. (NSXPO was heaven and it was a let down to go home, lol)
Luckily I have a wonderful girlfriend that was my rock and stuck by my side through it even though she was scared herself.
And my parents are just around the corner, which I'm grateful for, but also mad at myself for putting them through this stuff again.
Lastly, many of my friends know about my situation as well and they were there for me.
So, fortunately I was back to normal in short order.

Sorry to digress and not trying to take anything away from your thread/post.

I will be in touch with you soon. Help is coming. Have faith and stay strong. The world and Prime would not be the same without you.

-jason

Hugh, nice to know you feel close enough to us to lean on us. Stay positive, Hugh, and above all, please retain that sense of humor and exercise it. Often. :biggrin:

Hang in there Hugh! You are in my thoughts and prayers!
I just wanted you to know that I appreciate your humor and always enjoyed your posts in the past.
You have been very fortunate to have driven your NSX more miles than anyone I have heard of....So Awesome!

No matter what happens financially, life is a blessing and there will always be an opportunity to improve things over time.
Try not to focus on the negative things that have happened in the past. Learn from them and apply those lessons moving forward.

I will make a paypal donation this evening...wish I could do more.

The main thing is a warm dry place to sleep and food on the table...anything else is a bonus.
Best Wishes to you!

Hugh,

i really can understand how what happened to your brother affects you...
...been there myself with a cousin that was like a brother... i was 33 and
he had 36 when he did what he did, after 21 years living with me and
my family....
all i can say about that is: remember the good parts and look forward and
value the good arround you.

From here, this far, i can't do much for you, but i'll paypal you a little
something to add to what Primers are donating, so in some way it eases
your financial life.

Get something to focus on, and don't hesitate to call your close friends,
they will be your safe harbour...

All the best,
Nuno

Last edited:
Paypal sent :)

im out of work right now, but i have always been able to find employment. so i cant send alot, but i will send what i can.not a loan, just a gift. god bless

Here's an update from Hugh.

He really greatly appreciates everyone's concern and generosity.

I thank you all for being so understanding and helpful in his time of need. I am in constant contact with him and can assure you all that he really needs all the help he has been getting.

-Robert

Here's hoping you find the peace that eludes you now Hugh. The members of Prime are here should you need us now and in the future. And thanks to DocL for being there for Hugh during this time, it's fantastic to have concerned and caring friends at this time.

~Steven

I can't express in words how much I appreciate everyone's support. Tears are running down my face as I write this. I am in such a dark place it's hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel. Your continued support gives me hope though. Thank you, thank thank you. I love you guys.

Hugh

Take a ride down to your local version of 22 Acacia Ave.......:smile: . We have never met, but as a fellow primer all I can tell you is that time heals all wounds.

I experienced similar issues but I would say yours sound even worse. At the end of the day, we live in a time where there are not many needs mostly wants. When you hit rock bottom it will be much easier to come back, it will almost be a relief. Most happiness really comes from a good cup of coffee and talking with friends and that is like the real happiness in life you don't need all the other shit. Let the anxiety take you the bottom of the sea and let it drown you. Once you do, you'll realize it has no true power over you. Your afraid of being afraid of things, a cyclic loop that puts your body in shock and will keep you there. To break the chain simply let it do it worse and see what happens, in only 5 minutes of zero negative throughts you can exit the loop. As you and I know, Death is nothing compared to what your going through.

Medication helps, but not always going to fix it completely but just knowing that you can* trust me. You can beat it, this should give you hope. You can do it, there is* an exit and it is right in front of you but you'll need courage that is heroic. Never give up, knowing you've got nothing to lose is your greatest strength, use it! I tried steroids, last 6 month stint I had in hell. I would say a dose of 350mg a week would be good for you. Find a good doctor to subscribe it to you and work out every day, zero caffine, zero stimulants, and eat every* two hours make sure you eat your 200 grams of protein and eat like your body is a temple. That will do 100% more than anything. Remember, you've got nothing to lose because you can't want anything until you escape. Worse case you work at some shitty job but how quick would you take a job at mcDonalds to have your mental health? You'd take it in a heart beat if you thought it would help, and I'm not saying you should but the thought of the future is worse than it is. You'll always have a funny feeling about the future until you beat the cycle because your fight or flight is always on but know your in a maze, make sure to take different paths. If you take the same path every day, every thought you won't get out. Sometimes you have to go the way you think is wrong. Hard to explain and I wish the best for you man and you know lots of people have this issue, keep trying different doctors and meds. Keep trying different things, is the biggest advice I can give you.

Very good points made by rj45, I also went trough a small period of depression a few years ago and it was directly due to a loss of financial gains, it is funny how much value I gave materialistic things that I allowed it to affect me the way it did due to the of it yet after it was all said and done i realized that the most valuable things were still there and how I took it for granted as it was pretty easy to do just because these had always been there, such as: life,friends,family,my phisical and mental health and the simple things in life. I now am grateful for these things and smile just at the simple fact of knowing that they are there. I keep this quote in sight and read it every now and then:image.jpg
Like many have mentioned it is important to seek proper treatment when needed and to focus on all the positives.
"keep on truckin"

Hugh, we have never met, but it seems like since I joined PRIME 14 years ago I've come to know a lot of Prime members in person as well as just knowing them by their user names. We are all here for you. Reaching out for help in time of need is a courageous thing to do. That takes guts, so you are a lot stronger person than you may think you are right now. I won't give you any advice as you have a lot of great doctors who know what they are talking about helping you. The only thing I'll offer is a little financial help and send you something via paypal.

We all go through hard times in life and while mine is different from yours, it is similar in that at the time it feels like all is lost and you can't begin to think how you will ever recover. My trials were going through a divorce with a then 6 year old son. One of my biggest regrets is not being able to reach out to others and simply talk and share what I was going through. You are doing the right thing by reaching out for help from doctors and friends. God Bless you and I know you will get the help you need, recover, and be back enjoying life again.

Take care,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back