• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Offering Honda s2000 Upgraded Steering Wheels for NSX owners who want to do swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
So locally we've had a few NSX owners come to us asking if we can install Honda s2000 steering wheels into their cars. They prefer the look of the s2000 wheel with our upgraded features. The whole swap process can be found here:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...l-Swap-DIY-Guide-(NSX-to-DC5-ITR-EP3-AP1-AP2)

What we are offering is TURN-KEY authentic USDM Honda s2000 steering wheels for sale with NO CORE exchange on your part. This means you get a ready to assemble steering wheel ready to put into your NSX. We do not supply the airbag but if you need one PM us and we can help you out :)

Key Features we offer are:

a) Thicker grip all around for a meaty feel

b) Suede or Leather finish options for the sides and upper/lower grip areas

c) 10mm red or any color stripe on top (aka GT3 RS)

d) Red, Blue, Yellow, White, or any other color deviated contrast stitching

e) Custom order: Flat bottom or Carbon Fiber top/bottom trim options

Pricing starts at $849 and this includes the core charge for the wheel so this is a great price for a turnkey wheel!

Keep in mind we will keep black suede wheels with red stitching in stock. We will also stock black suede with yellow stitching. Any other colors or custom options would need to be special ordered.

UPDATE: We will soon be offering the s2000 steering wheel adapter needed to allow one of these s2000 wheels to bolt onto a standard QR type of hub such as the SOS short hub. NRG and Works Bell also offers these short hubs that will work with the s2000 adapter.

thanks!

Our top of the line CF flat bottom s2000 wheel with the adapter shown:

Full Leather s2000 flat bottom wheel with custom thicker contoured grip:

Red contrast stitching and stripe:

More s2000 wheel samples:

Red highlights:

Yellow highlights:

All black thicker grip with black or blue stitching is in stock right now!

We can also do custom color schemes at extra cost:

Last edited:
So this includes all the wiring for the AP1 S2000 airbag? What about the cruise control buttons?

How is this mounted to the factory steering column since the SoS shorthub is no longer available?

We are offering the s2000 core wheel only in this sale but if you need cruise control buttons, no problem we can provide those as well!

We have limited supply of s2000 airbags here and various other parts. In the cases where we installed this on the NSX, the owner brought the short hub to us for installation so that was not an issue.

Looks to me that you would need both. Correct me if I'm wrong but this is just an upgraded S2000 wheel for the swap so you don't have to source one yourself.

Yes sir this is partially correct!~ We can also source whatever components you need on a case by case basis as each owner will have different requirements. PM us for any special requests!

We are working on a solution right now for the s2000 wheel hub adapter to be used on the NSX....stay tuned! This is a great option for those who do not like the OEM NSX wheel shape....

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE:

We are working to coordinate a group buy for BOTH the adapter made by Hamasan and also the Rapid Short Hub adapter since both items are sold out and to make a production run we need roughly 20 units of each. As this is a sizeable monetary investment on our part, we need to have at minimum 10 paid orders to move forward. Ideally this is a perfect setup for our s2000 upgraded OEM steering wheels so this would be offered as a complete turn-key setup for any buyer who wishes to use an s2000 wheel on their NSX and have everything fit properly.

If you need other s2000 accessories such as the airbag, cruise control, etc we can discuss this on a case by case basis! :)

We are pricing the two adapters together at $395 per kit plus $25 shipping

So to start the list please put your name here and contact us for instructions:

1) Shop Demo NSX (paid)
2) Kangaroo125NSX (paid)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

We need minimum 10 paid orders to get things rolling....

here are a few more s2000 wheel samples, we can build any color combo you want including different color leathers!

This is not an s2000 but just to give you an idea with red leather side grips we did:

I am interested in the SOS short adapter only. Any way I can purchase just that? I have sourced all the other components already. Thanks. PM with price, please.

For those who are interested in installing the s2000 wheel on the NSX, you will need two items.

a) Adapter for the s2000 wheel

b) NRG Short Hub

For those who seek a turn-key solution please msg. us and if you are buying the wheel we'd be happy to try and help you source these two parts which are pretty hard to get.

thanks!

After speaking to a few local machine shops, we are working to see if we can make more of the s2000 adapters which allow the installation of an s2000 wheel onto the NSX.

The cost for tooling and making these are not cheap so we wanted to see who would be interested in such an item if we decided to move forward with production. Right not we are estimating costs to be around the $300 price point. This would be for the adapter.

thanks!

Hmm.. This would seem to conflict somewhat with your last PM to me?

I always said I could do more if there was a demand. You said there wasn't so you were going to leave it. So are you now planning to copy my design and bump up your price? If the NRG hub is the route people want to take then the adaptors could be done...

After speaking to a few local machine shops, we are working to see if we can make more of the s2000 adapters which allow the installation of an s2000 wheel onto the NSX.

The cost for tooling and making these are not cheap so we wanted to see who would be interested in such an item if we decided to move forward with production. Right not we are estimating costs to be around the $300 price point. This would be for the adapter.

thanks!

Last edited:
Hmm.. This would seem to conflict somewhat with your last PM to me?

I always said I could do more if there was a demand. You said there wasn't so you were going to leave it. So are you now planning to copy my design and bump up your price? If the NRG hub is the route people want to take then the adaptors could be done...

We actually have another piece from a local (don't think it's yours) and just looking at options based on a smaller quantity through a local machine shop This is not a money maker by any means and just trying to offer something to the community as a solution. I think the last time we spoke you said you would need at least a certain minimum quantity. If things have changed let us know and we can discuss further.

What is the weight and diameter of the S2000 steering wheel.

I am looking for a smaller diameter steering wheel wich should work better with my Recaro seats.

What is the weight and diameter of the S2000 steering wheel.

I am looking for a smaller diameter steering wheel wich should work better with my Recaro seats.

I would have to weigh one for you later but if you want a smaller diameter wheel we do offer a smaller diameter version of the OEM NSX wheel as well as shown below!

If you want s2000 wheels, we are now planning to offer the s2000 adapters for those who need one with our steering wheels.

PM us for more info!

thanks guys for the PM's - if you want a steering wheel or the adapter, please PM us since if you wait it will probably be sold out.

s2000 wheel with OEM side grips:

s2000 wheel with our "Sport contoured" grips:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back