• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

That Secret Switch!!!

That Secret Switch!!!

This procedure will show you how to disable the clockillumination button to be used as a different function like Fast and the FuriousDon's secret nitrous button, The Famous Ejecto Seato Cuz, or the one I choosegarage door opener.<o:p></o>
<o:p></o>
1. Remove the clock assembly by lifting the clock adjustmentcover and pull it slowly till you have the whole assembly out and be carefulnot to damage the tab and /or the cover.<o:p></o>
2. Disconnect theclock assembly plug.<o:p></o>
3. Now you need todisassemble your garage door opener by removing the screw and pry off the edgeswith flat tip screwdriver to expose the circuit board.<o:p></o>
4. Locate the batterytab you can remove it or leave it alone (I choose to remove mine). Note:Makesure you are using a garage door opener that utilizes 12 Volts Battery if notskip this step. Solder the both Ground (black wire) Positive (red wire). SeePictures.<o:p></o>
5. Next trace out theswitch tabs use a multi-meter to verify that you found the connections for theswitch solder both white and green to those tabs. See Pictures.<o:p></o>
6 .Once completed andverified reassemble your garage door opener.<o:p></o>
7. Now back to yourclock assembly: remove the 3 screws that secures the back panel and pry off the4 tabs that hold it in place be careful not to break them. I used tooth pick towedge and hold them in open position till I can get all 4 of the open andseparated.<o:p></o>
8. Once openedremoved the 2 screws that holds that secures the switch board. Be careful notto tip the clock assemble upside down or all the will fall off.<o:p></o>
9. Disconnect theno.3 and no.6 on that flat ribbon wire for both switch board and main circuitboard. They are both labeled with number 1 and 6 .See Pictures.<o:p></o>
10. Make a small holeat the back panel of the clock assembly. Route the wire through it, and routethe remaining wire through the circuit board. See pictures.<o:p></o>
11. On the circuitboard locate the GND and IGN behind the plug prongs. Solder the black wire toGND and the red wire to IGN. See Pictures.<o:p></o>
12. Now solder thewhite and green wires to the switch board to flat wire no.3 and number 6. Seepictures.<o:p></o>
13.Re-assemble yourclock assembly reinstall the plug insert you key place it on IGN or position IIand test your Secret Switch...(make sure it is Programed to your garage door).<o:p></o>
<o:p></o>
Disclaimer: <o:p></o>
I am not responsible for any damage to your car orequipment. Perform this procedure at your own risk or hire a qualifiedtechnician if you feel that you don't have the capability or knowledge. Thankyou very much....and enjoy Christian….<o:p></o>

Attachments

• IMG_5074.jpg
    IMG_5074.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 632
  • IMG_5075.jpg
    IMG_5075.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 587
  • IMG_5076.jpg
    IMG_5076.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 591
  • IMG_5077.jpg
    IMG_5077.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 585
  • IMG_5079.jpg
    IMG_5079.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_5081.jpg
    IMG_5081.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 580
  • IMG_5082.jpg
    IMG_5082.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_5083.jpg
    IMG_5083.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 585
  • IMG_5084.jpg
    IMG_5084.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_5085.jpg
    IMG_5085.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 590
  • IMG_5089.jpg
    IMG_5089.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 581
  • IMG_5090.jpg
    IMG_5090.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 601
  • IMG_5091.jpg
    IMG_5091.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 649
Your brilliant... I am setting this up as quickly as possible...

4. Locate the batterytab you can remove it or leave it alone (I choose to remove mine). Note:Makesure you are using a garage door opener that utilizes 12 Volts Battery if notskip this step. Solder the both Ground (black wire) Positive (red wire). SeePictures.<o:tongue:></o

I was hoping to do this, but can someone explain this step better. I have one of those garage remotes powered by on of those small quarter sized batteries, I think CR2032. Thanks

I was hoping to do this, but can someone explain this step better. I have one of those garage remotes powered by on of those small quarter sized batteries, I think CR2032. Thanks

Add this to the Wiki.

This means if you have a newer remote that operates using 3 Volts battery you will damage your remote when you utilize you car's 12 volts to power your remote.

- - - Updated - - -

This is how it works!!!!

https://scontent-4.22773.fna.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xap1/v/t42.1790-2/10468386_10203226663539347_1364022813_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjQ0MiwicmxhIjo1MTJ9&rl=442&vabr=246&oh=dc4fd15de3718f5c636d8b82ffb770d3&oe=55390A48

This means if you have a newer remote that operates using 3 Volts battery you will damage your remote when you utilize you car's 12 volts to power your remote.

This makes sense. So I need to buy a 12V remote to follow along exactly.

OR

Will this work? Use my existing 3V remote by not grounding(black) and powering(red) via the car. This keeps the remote self powered. Just wire up white and green for the signal.

Thanks

8b1797daaaa65d44933d4370d6a927b6.jpg
cf82f4170c0c28ea0615cf1434889f9e.jpg

Success! Only change was my remote is self powered. Thanks again for help.

Had someone ask me about this mod today, so I thought I would bump this thread for others and give some feedback nearly 3 years later.

Been working great for 3 years. I did notice that the dashboard is dense enough cut/block the signal from opener so you have to be close to your garage for the signal to work. Or like me I always back in so the dash opening is facing my garage and the signal works a lot better. Hence, I went back this year and made my wires longer so I could 1) reposition remote for better signal 2) added a quick disconnect in my wiring so when the battery eventually dies in the remote I can easily disconnect and replace battery conveniently instead of trying to do it right there in the car.

I have been really happy with this mod and it is a great way to re-purpose an OEM switch for something useful instead of lighting up the clock to check the time.

Back