• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Water spot remover

Had to wash recently in a hurry and park the car after drying under a cover - as I was going to be out of town. On my return found a long water spot running down from the the driver side mirror. How do I remove it - what product? Thanks.

http://reviews.costco.com/2070/1119...degreaser-4-1-gallon-jugs-reviews/reviews.htm

I accidentally found out when I had some water spots on the truck (thanks to this sprinkler that went off in the middle of a hot sunny day).

Sprayed it and after a little less than a minute pressure washed it right off.

Dunno if they advertised it to work like that, but it did. No damage to paint.

Only thing is that u shouldn't use on heated surface.

This looks like a degreaser. So, will other things like tree sap remover work?

I learned a trick for this, and it cost nothing..... human spit has enzymes that eat water spots, so you see one touch it with your spit let sit for a 15 seconds
and rub off with a cloth. now if you have 3.4 million spots start with some Copenhagen cherrycut and start filling bottles up
don't let it sit to long it WILL eat your paint.

- - - Updated - - -

:wink:

A quick detailer will usually remove a light water spot, otherwise a little vinegar mixed with water in a spray bottle works well. This mixture works especially well on spots on glass.

I use a mist detailer spray like meguires and a microfiber for fresh spots/bugs/goop.

Thanks for all the comments. Goo be Gone, Meguiars detailer spray or spit did not work :).

Will try vinegar today, seems like a stubborn one.

I left a car parked where it got sprayed with sprinklers for a few days in the sun one time, I tried everything but ultimately, rubbing compound was the only way I could get the water spots off and the smooth finish back. Try vinegar first though, if not then a little wax cleaner might work, and if not then go to the next thing which would be a light rubbing compound. I think mine is ultimate compound by Meguiars.

Had to wash recently in a hurry and park the car after drying under a cover - as I was going to be out of town. On my return found a long water spot running down from the the driver side mirror. How do I remove it - what product? Thanks.

most Cars has an issue with water sport build up underneath the side mirrors. Water gets trapped during rain or washing and slowly drips down unknowingly even if you think you've dried properly.

If light spot, use an instant detailer. If it's a stubborn build up, I'd use something coarser like a scratch remover or a mild compound. Start with the scratch remover, rub LIGHTLY until water spots disappear.

Important: Please Follow up with a coat or two of your favorite wax. Compounds are used for heavier stains.

Best way to dry the side mirror area is to use a portable leaf blower and blast the remaining water out.

my 2 cents.

I used swirl remover on tough water spots. Had sprinkler go off next to my car on a hot day. A lot of spots would not come out with a normal wash or detailer. Swirl remover and light elbow grease did the trick.

uhm am I crazy or.... Just spray it down again and dry with a towel... If those don't come off that's weird maybe somethin in your water that I don't have...

8053_lg.jpg

Used the Meguiars Ultimate Compound and was able to remove them. :) Thanks.

Back