• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Eric @ Teknotik

I had my timing belt and waterpump service done (precautionary) this spring at Teknotik. I had asked around Toronto with the usual suspects for quotes and the responses I got were astronomical prices which did not include all required items to do the job (really, updated tb cover is 'extra'?) OR the responses were inconsistent and delayed (sorry if I'm leaving my baby with you you better answer emails promptly, clearly, and explain things).

Eric at Teknotik replies to my long-winded emails VERY quickly (especially when you consider the volume of price-check emails the guy must be dealing with) and also replies thoroughly and thoughtfully - making suggestions and offering guidance to save time and money and most important put your mind at ease. His techs are VERY knowledgable about the NSX and it's quirks (yes, there's many) and even went so far as to take photos of various areas of the engine that may need attention in the future while they had it apart. They also went through all the parts they took OFF my car when I picked it up which goes a long way to re-assure you of your maintenance regime and catch anything you're missing. While it was in I also had Eric install a Pride V2 exhaust (WHICH SOUNDS EPIC BY THE WAY) which they test fit first to make sure it fit with my downforce diffuser. For reference it does fit. Barely.

Eric actually STOCKS oem and aftermarket parts for the NSX which is rare enough in any shop, let alone in Toronto, and let alone for the NSX, add to this the fact that he REALLY understands customer service (even MORE rare) and I honestly can't see taking my NSX anywhere else for this kind of service. There's lots of great shops in the GTA but Teknotik stands head and shoulders above in my opinion for service and quality when it comes to our cars. I would not hesitate to recommend any NSX owners within 1500km make the trip to him - he's that good.

And for reference no Eric isn't paying me to say these things, he'll probably be embarrassed, but dealt with a lot of shops in the area so I think I have a great frame of reference. I've seen first hand and heard from other customers over and over the guy work himself to the ground for his customers whether they own a NSX or a Civic - that deserves recognition in our community.

Another kudos to Eric and Teknotik from me as well. Just got my NSX serviced and also picked up a front lip and Pride exhaust. Teknotik has great prices, Eric is very knowlegable and helpful. The service was top rate, going beyond what you normally expect from shops. Eric is very busy but took the time to point out other "to watch issues" and didn't oversell. We're lucky to have Teknotik in Canada.

Back