• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Stanced and Custom Aluminum Widebody

I knew that doing something different always entails a certain degree of spite and discomfort with my style, and that's totally understandable. But all of you are too kind.

- - - Updated - - -

So many mysteries now solved! :D Great thread!

Lol...I think only a handful of my close NSX buddies actually know the phases of transitions my NSX has gone through. Mystery is now solved for a few more..

It looks great! Congrats.

The aluminum is held together with panel bond? I have used panel bond on widebody/flares before. I didn't know how it would work holding patches of aluminum. But good to see that it works. That putty on the bottom side is a good idea for strength as well.
Only question I had was why not weld the aluminum? I'm guessing the chance of warping?

So what's the widest front wheel you can fit with stock fenders.. Without rolling or removing fender liner? I have coils so I can drop it more to help..

So what's the widest front wheel you can fit with stock fenders.. Without rolling or removing fender liner? I have coils so I can drop it more to help..

The widest most people on this forum will go is 8.5. you can probably bump it up to a 9 but would need a higher offset to compensate.

The word "stanced" is a terrible word. I'm not really sure what it means but when I hear it I just == "uncle bens rice". The wheel offsets and spacing do look nice. Great work!

How much would this cost to get done roughly?

Hmm, when I'm ready for a new set of wheels I just might do that...

Your car is a work of art, that ass...
I agree, she is very unique and super curvacious:)

It looks great! Congrats.

The aluminum is held together with panel bond? I have used panel bond on widebody/flares before. I didn't know how it would work holding patches of aluminum. But good to see that it works. That putty on the bottom side is a good idea for strength as well.
Only question I had was why not weld the aluminum? I'm guessing the chance of warping?
The Master aluminum technician showed me the container, it's a special 3M adhesive aluminum bonding agent. And you are correct, welding those panels would probably warp it. As low as the car sits with very occasional rubbage, the heat from the wheels warped the paint, but fenders are exactly like I first got them. So far..no problems at all.

Listen to Diddy, the NSX guru knows his stuff in regards to fitment.

The widest most people on this forum will go is 8.5. you can probably bump it up to a 9 but would need a higher offset to compensate.
I totally concur...there are other variables that comes into play as well such as your drop which will directly impact your negative camber. The lower you go, the wider negative offset you can run (larger lip).

The word "stanced" is a terrible word. I'm not really sure what it means but when I hear it I just == "uncle bens rice". The wheel offsets and spacing do look nice. Great work!
How much would this cost to get done roughly?
Thank you for the kind words. With no disrespect to you, I take great pride in the stance of my NSX along with any other vehicles that are "stanced." It takes a great deal of comprehensive knowledge in regards to your vehicle's suspension geometry, width of wheels, offset of wheels, suspension travel, width of fenders, tallness of fenders, so forth and so on..Lol!! PM for average pricing:)

Last edited:
You can't do this to me. Where is the full size pic? what is this 384x577 stuff? come on now!

Here is a photo of my new wing:

10353294_1513832855503513_3268844584211380098_o_zps0c02b471.jpg

Last edited:
nice build op, quick question im building a carbon titanium diffuser right now for the 95 nsx. how much ground clearance do you have from the lowest diffuser fin to the ground? i allocated 3.8in hoping thats enough clearance so im kinda iffy on it. thanks man!

nice build op, quick question im building a carbon titanium diffuser right now for the 95 nsx. how much ground clearance do you have from the lowest diffuser fin to the ground? i allocated 3.8in hoping thats enough clearance so im kinda iffy on it. thanks man!

If you look closely at my rear wheel lip to fender gap (approx) .3", my Diflow has never scraped. If I recall tomorrow, I will measure it for ya!

- - - Updated - - -

Very well executed. Excellent job, and sick results :cool:

Thanks bro....took a gamble and the execution was on par...I'm ecstatic!

Oh wow, this is a bump to an old post. These nsx's look just hot, like women in red light districts. However, they are not thoroughbreds when slammed down to the ground on enormous wheels. So more so just for looks. If your like me, looks are somewhat of the equation. But how can you really drive a performance car like this? I'm no newcomer to the slammed to the ground/ fiberglass or aluminum body kits but how do you guys ever take your car past 40 mph without worry? This I would love to know, because I think there is no answer other than completely removing all performance from the car. They look awesome yes, but when you worry day and night about driving them, scraping them, blowing out fenders, ect. You know you can pimp out a civic for cheaper right?

Last edited:
Back