• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Drive to Castaic Lake on July 27th

LMR

Legendary Member
For our next drive we will be going to Castaic Lake, taking The Long Way:biggrin: It will be on Sunday July 27th.

We will be meeting at the Sunland Park & Recreation Center at 8651 Foothill Blvd San Fernando Valley 91040, at 7:00 and leaving promptly at 7:30. Get gas before you come to the meeting spot, there will not be time once you get there. There is a 76 gas station across the street so that would be a good place to fill up.

We will also be stopping for brunch after the drive at El Torito in Valencia for their all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet (I can just picture Hugo's eyes bugging out right now) and it includes coffee, OJ or Champagne.

Post if you can go and we'll add you to the list. Please post with your name and the name of your passenger if you have one.

1. LMR (Les & Irene)
2. nsxnemo (Nemo)
3. SeaSharp (Craig)
4. Ggpaul (paul)
5. exo (?)
6. Mark G (Mark & Stephen)
7. MTHRiduz (Jennifer & Kyle)
8. phryxis (Colin)
9. Heartbeat (George)
10. MKOU (?)
11. Greg-TT (Gregory)

Last edited:
Oh what a pretty drive! Holding out hope I might be able to go with my new "boot". I'll keep you posted, Les.

Oh bullocks, I will be deployed then. Too bad we don't have a drive this weekend or the following. Well have fun and have a safe drive. I will look forward to some more drives when I get back next spring.

Sorry, I can't I've never done this Castaic Lake run and wish I could...BUT....7/27 is the same day as the Main Street America Car show in Seaport Village / San Diego. I've actually got my Miata entered that day and I registered 2 months ago for this event which usually draws over 400 cars. I'd rather be driving than at a car show so NEXT TIME MAKE SURE YOU CONSULT ME ON DATES !!!!! (just kidding)

If you end up rescheduling I"M IN :biggrin:

I am a tentative on this run...may be done with my craziness by then. If I go, don't expect pictures as I've been on this run many times before and I don't need to add to an already massive backlog. That said, I might bring my GoPro.

Tentative on this one, Les. Raging Waters with fam and friends. Depends what time they go--maybe I can squeeze it in

Bummer can't make this one... I'll be in Vegas.

Wish me luck....

Have fun be safe and post some pics!!!

UPDATE

The breakfast buffet will be at El Torito now since Marie Callenders messed up our reservation and gave it to someone else.

I'm out. I sold my baby 96 NSX, due to family reason to some Asian kid. Lucky kid.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpgAnd here is that kid. My kid, born on 6/23/14. So I'm out for few months. No more Sunday drive or Thursday night meets. It's my 1st and if he's good, NSX is his.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 239
As I feared, I won't be able to make it. Please take me off the list...and cross fingers I'll be able to go to the next one.

Sorry guys but I'm still wearing kind of a big shoe on my right foot and it would make it a little tough to drive. Hopefully back in the saddle soon. I had to start the car today just so I could remember what it was like to be behind the wheel.
View attachment 114805

Sorry guys but I'm still wearing kind of a big shoe on my right foot and it would make it a little tough to drive. Hopefully back in the saddle soon. I had to start the car today just so I could remember what it was like to be behind the wheel.
View attachment 114805

THAT won't work. How 'bout barefoot? How 'bout a big stick or your walking cane on the "go" foot and you clutch/brake with the left ?

Back