• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

S2K concept looks more like a NSX

A friend sent this to me, said it was the S2K concept. However I feel this looks like NSX2.0 but with more NSXish to it.

S2000_render_front.jpg

I like the looks better then the new NSX. Mid mounted with a 6 speed please!

I would love to have something like this for a DD but I have a feeling it's not going to happen. It seems like Honda is putting the same style beak on all their vehicles not and I don't think time it will be any different. To me this looks like a half 02+ Gen1 NSX with NSX 2.0.

This was a big topic on my FB yesterday. One of my friends posted this.

http://tovahondafan.blogspot.com/2014/06/a-little-more-about-2g-s2000.html
[h=2]Monday, June 2, 2014[/h][h=3]A little more about the 2G S2000[/h]

One of our regular contributors who has connections to Honda has offered the following additional info/corrections on what Honda is supposedly planning for the rumoured new 2G S2000. He gave the following points:

- It will be a (USD)$40-45k non-hybrid

- To be equipped with the (new) CTR power-train and a 6-sp manual gearbox. Power is given as 300-350hp, up from the 280ps listed in BEST CAR. The car will be RWD.

- The new S2000 will now be 2+2 (a transverse engine configuration and using a I4 leaves room for a rear jumper seat)

- There is talk of a possible Hybrid model which will have 400hp (!) with a DCT gearbox and with AWD instead of RWD. The price of this is supposedly around the USD $60k range.

According to our contributor, Honda CEO Ito-san thinks sports cars should be MR and not FR.

- - - Updated - - -

I think... They should revive the NSX factory. Use all the tooling to produce that amazing NSX MR chassis again. Revise it to meet crash safety standards (the wildcard). Put this shell on it. Sell it as the next S2000 replacement!

Well, well, well…this Honda-NSX-S2000-whatever looks like a photoshopped Lotus Esprit concept from back in 2010 (which I don't particularly mind if either happens :smile:).

lotus_esprit.jpg

excuse my ignorance what is the 'CTR' powertrain and yes it does look like this would have been the natural successor to our NSX, they will have to under-power it so people don't buy this instead of the new NSX

CTR is civic type r I believe. I could be wrong though.

If it had a toyota badge it would be a better mr2 replacement.

I may be the only one but I sure hope Honda does not make a "mini me" version of the NSX 2.0, if so I'll take my deposit back. It fine that they make a s2000 2.0 but please don't make it look like the NSX. Imagine if the Del Sol was a mini me version of the NSX 1.0 I doubt i would own an NSX today. Brands are getting too lazy nowadays all their cars look the same just bigger versions of their siblings, look at bmw, Lexus great cars but the whole line up looks the same just bigger versions of each other.

I love the looks of this. Since I can't afford the new NSX, I have no issue moving to the baby brother. This is better looking than the NSX concept. Frankly I would not be surprised if the final NSX look like this. The previous is still a tab concept looking to me (although I do like it). I honestly think this is one of the best looking cars I have ever seen.

Well, there is a clear difference between this design and the NSX. This car will not affect sales of the new NSX and it was never meant to sell butt loads of cars in the first place. The over performance/value/reliability of the new NSX versus the Ferrari, Porsche, and McLaren is what is going the determine the "legendary" status like previous gen NSX.

I'm just happy there are more mid-engine choices from Honda. Hopefully Toyota, maybe even Nissan and other companies will follow suit!

Both those cars look great. They capitalize on the looks of the last NSXs/S2000s.

A friend sent this to me, said it was the S2K concept. However I feel this looks like NSX2.0 but with more NSXish to it.

S2000_render_front.jpg

YES!!!!! This is a good design. It looks enough like an NSX to bear a family resemblence, but fresh enough that you know its all new. Hybrid or not, paddle thingies or not, this looks like a car I would consider, given the financial wherwithal to acquire one. I would only hope that the tail end uses a similar spoiler/fender design as the original.

Now that's a good looking Honda, so you know that whoever created it was in no way affiliated with Honda.

Bwahahah! :biggrin:

Although, looking at it, to me, it looks exactly like someone took the sillohuette of the 2nd Gen and photoshopped the details...

Last edited:
It's probably a fanboi rendering, but, I (foolishly) hope it turns out to be the real deal. For the first time since teenagerhood I'd have a car poster on my wall.
BTW, does no one else detect a bit of the HSC in this mockup?
We've got the new NSX coming. The "Baby" NSX is rumored to be on the way, and now this S2000 that is a true NSX replacement (if the pictures are accurate) in everything but the name.
Gosh, wouldn't that be a nice trio to have in the garage?

Back