• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

1990 NSX Brochure

This is a brochure that was printed before the NSX was even priced. A friend and fellow NSX owner gave me this one and I'm sharing it here. Enjoy. -DREW-
DSC_0179.jpgDSC_0186.jpgDSC_0187.jpgDSC_0180.jpgDSC_0181.jpgDSC_0182.jpgDSC_0183.jpgDSC_0184 - Copy.jpgDSC_0185.jpg

Awesome piece and great story about it being printed before even the auto journals got a hold of it and pricing announced.

Very nice.

There was an earlier printing of that brochure. In fact, so early that Soichiro Honda hadn't approved the logo which resembled calipers with out the cross member of the Honda H and when he saw it he went ballistic and had it changed the current logo of the Honda H pinched at the top to resemble the letter A to symbolize the connection of Honda to Acura.

However, some printed brochures had already gone out. And the NSX used in the brochures had the unapproved hood logo as well. The first printing of the silver and black table book had the wrong logo and the reprint of the August 1990 Road & Track First Test article had the wrong logo as well. Most were returned before they were given out. There are also supposed to be some extra hood emblems out there with the wrong logo that the ad agency had. Getting one of those would be very cool.

Attachments

• DSCN0911.jpg
    DSCN0911.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 380
  • DSCN0913.jpg
    DSCN0913.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 365
  • DSCN0914.jpg
    DSCN0914.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 377
  • DSCN0915.jpg
    DSCN0915.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 388
  • DSCN0917.jpg
    DSCN0917.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 380
Last edited:
Glad I shared, I love to see what rare NSX finds/facts that are out there. Reminds me of when I first drove an NSX as a kid and fell in love with the it.
-DREW-

Glad I shared, I love to see what rare NSX finds/facts that are out there. Reminds me of when I first drove an NSX as a kid and fell in love with the it.
-DREW-
I am too. I hadn't looked at these brochures in years. I got them when I had a 91 NSX and just filed them away with other print memorabilia. At the time I got them, I didn't know about the logo difference until I read a letter to the editor in a Hemmings Magazine from one of the members of the marketing firm discribing the contraversy. It was cool to read them again. Thanks for bring back the memory.

Last edited:
The timing of this thread is unbelievable. A little over a week ago this guy calls me saying he got my name and number from NSXCA and that he thought I might be the best person to contact regarding some items he has since he's on the west coast and me being the southwest rep. He says he used to work for Honda and has an "original" badge/emblem for the NSX. He starts to tell me the story behind it and I said I had heard something about it but didn't know the full story. After finishing the story about how the original was changed before the first NSX's where delivered to the dealers he also says he has some brochures showing the original one and the one that was used and a copy from an article in 2006 telling a brief story of the change. He was able to get one of the orininals because when the first NSX's arrived here they still had the original badge and had to be removed to put the new/changed badges on. The article (in one of the pics below) explains the change in the Acura logo/badge. Lostbuckeye also explains this in his post above.

Anyways he asks if I would be interested in the original badge he has and I said that although my history with the NSX started with the first pics I saw in 1990 and continued until I was finally able to get one in 2010 I have always owned Toyota's since high school and that someone else with a longer history with Acura might be a better candidate than me. I did however get the brochures and the copy of the article, pics below.

Last edited:
Hey Primer's. I just bought a '91 NSX and found this Accessory Facts Book in the goodies that came with the car.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

It was a guide for ACURA Sales Associates to push the accessories. Pimpin' Sheepskins! Ha! Sales...
-DREW-

Attachments

• DSC_0814.JPG
    DSC_0814.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 1,023
  • DSC_0815.JPG
    DSC_0815.JPG
    228.1 KB · Views: 1,022
  • DSC_0816.JPG
    DSC_0816.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 1,021
  • DSC_0817.JPG
    DSC_0817.JPG
    234.1 KB · Views: 1,025
  • DSC_0818.JPG
    DSC_0818.JPG
    220 KB · Views: 1,021
  • DSC_0821.JPG
    DSC_0821.JPG
    204.6 KB · Views: 1,020
Last edited:
That's cool. I've never seen one of those. Thanks for sharing.

Nice find! I'd never heard of the engine heater. Looks like the original owner of mine cheaped out and only bought the floor and trunk mats. I also found it funny that one of the promoted benefits of the seat cover was to protect the original seating, yet there was no protection for the bolsters which is the first to show wear. I would've bought some of these to delay me having to recover them in the future.

Nice find! I'd never heard of the engine heater. Looks like the original owner of mine cheaped out and only bought the floor and trunk mats. I also found it funny that one of the promoted benefits of the seat cover was to protect the original seating, yet there was no protection for the bolsters which is the first to show wear. I would've bought some of these to delay me having to recover them in the future.

Here in Canada we call an engine heater a block heater as it mounted in the engine block. Not my NSX, but our S2000 has one.
In western Canada, it isn't even an option, it is standard equipment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just picked up the 90 original brochure with the old style emblem.

I actually have 3 of the brochures with the pre-approved Acura logo. All in fantastic shape! What are they worth? I grabbed a few a while back because the wrong Acura logo seemed pretty damn cool to me. Especially after reading the whole emblem change story.

-Alec

Saw this on Ebay today. For $10 I believe.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 583
  • kl.jpg
    kl.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 578
Back