• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DMS Performance intake manifold

this + rdx injectors + headers + intake scoop = 300 whp NA?

That is wishful thinking. He is 18whp off of his target on regular gas and 13whp off on E85. You will also need to add a free flowing exhaust and a stand alone that allows for timing advancement to your list. Even then it still will not be enough to hit 300whp. It should come within 10whp of 300whp however. Add cams, E85, better headers, better exhaust, and you might hit your target of 300whp on the right day with an aggressive tune.

Ok everyone, I have achieved vendor status yay! I am putting together the group buy thread as we speak. I will post it as soon as I can. I will try to accommodate everyone's specific needs (if requested) who participates. Please be patient! :)

Thanks for making this manifold and it's great to see what kind of gains it can bring.

... would change the angle of the runner to a more vertical stance creating a sharper turn into the manifold flange before it gets to the head. The angle of entry on the NSX heads are a steep 53 degrees as it is.

Are the straight runners you are using angled the same as the angle of entry into the heads?

Thanks for making this manifold and it's great to see what kind of gains it can bring.

Are the straight runners you are using angled the same as the angle of entry into the heads?

Tried to, but the bellmouths would have hit each other. Shorter runners would have made for better angle, but that would have been contrary to my design principles and most likely the loss of the low end gains I accomplished. Angle of the runners are roughly 30 degrees, until the manifold flanges where they are gradually turned to roughly 43-44 degrees. Getting them to match the cylinder head perfectly would have messed with the injector angle and then they would have been firing "uphill" against the flow. Compromises...grrr

Based on one of Honda's cutaway drawings, it looks to me like the intake ports in the heads are angled about 38° from vertical (about 52° from horizontal). Since the ports are curved, it's hard to eyeball the exact angle at the entrance and it could well be 53° like you mentioned. Am I correct in assuming you meant 53° from horizontal?

Based on one of Honda's cutaway drawings, it looks to me like the intake ports in the heads are angled about 38° from vertical (about 52° from horizontal). Since the ports are curved, it's hard to eyeball the exact angle at the entrance and it could well be 53° like you mentioned. Am I correct in assuming you meant 53° from horizontal?

Yes, all of my measurements were taken from horizontal. When the retail version of my manifold gets here I'll re-check the angles as well.

Last edited:
I look forward to hearing what the angle is in the runner and at the exit of the flange. If the turn in the flange is small enough and the radius is large enough, maybe the airflow will remain attached along the upper wall. Ferrari installed straight runners in the Enzo with curves at the bottom so the basic design can work well!

I'm not sure if you are aware of this but...

Blox did make a DBW throttle body for the Nsx.

I own one!

I believe there is only 2 ever made.

Which means they must have the drawings or what ever else and could possibly make another batch if there was a demand for them.

can't remember my exact size but it's a 70 something mm. either 72 or 76 can't remember. It uses the motor off the factory unit.

Thought i would give you the heads up because most guys do have DBW cars and seeing as your dyno results feature a bigger bore throttle body you might find that info useful.

I love this product, would be cool if it had a adaptor flange so people could have the option of mounting different throttle bodies, i would really like AT Power one but... it would be a pain to install on the stock intake manifold.

I look forward to hearing what the angle is in the runner and at the exit of the flange. If the turn in the flange is small enough and the radius is large enough, maybe the airflow will remain attached along the upper wall. Ferrari installed straight runners in the Enzo with curves at the bottom so the basic design can work well!

Shouldn't be too much of a change, but nevertheless the dyno shows it works :) I have seen many intake manifold designs with a very sharp change in direction at the flange that still produced significant results. Obviously, we don't want it that way if we can help it!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure if you are aware of this but...

Blox did make a DBW throttle body for the Nsx.

I own one!

I believe there is only 2 ever made.

Which means they must have the drawings or what ever else and could possibly make another batch if there was a demand for them.

can't remember my exact size but it's a 70 something mm. either 72 or 76 can't remember. It uses the motor off the factory unit.

Thought i would give you the heads up because most guys do have DBW cars and seeing as your dyno results feature a bigger bore throttle body you might find that info useful.

I love this product, would be cool if it had a adaptor flange so people could have the option of mounting different throttle bodies, i would really like AT Power one but... it would be a pain to install on the stock intake manifold.

I was aware Blox made the DBW housings, but I have no idea if they would even want to produce them again. But to answer your question yes, I have already made adapter flanges for the DBW setup so it will work. An adapter flange will be provided for the DBW guys that do order the manifold.

DMSCRX, I trust I am not the only one looking for an update. How is everything progressing toward a launch date? Also has there been any further developments worth sharing?

I am going to get the group buy list going no later than two weeks to see exactly how many people want this manifold. The next changes (final) are the inlet opening diameter will be increased to accommodate a bigger throttle body, the runner angle will change slightly for better fitment near the alternator and to enhance flow just a little, and finally the "NSX" logo is going to be machined to the top of the plenum for the first ten orders (if I get that many) :fingers crossed:

Last edited:
Group buy had officially started. Price point right now is $2600 plus shipping. If I can get 15 of these sold initially, then the price will go down to $2400. If it goes beyond 20 then I will take a little hit and reduce the price a bit more. Pricing includes throttle body, fuel rails, remote mount IAC plate and (possibly) an igniter mount plate if there is enough interest. The drive by wire customers will get an adapter plate for the OEM throttle body. If there is a request for a bigger aftermarket drive by wire TB to go with the package I will accommodate those changes in house for a small fee per order. Honestly, I haven't done this group buy thing before so any help on presenting this thread a little better on Prime would be useful. If I need to start a new post I will. Once I close the group buy all of the orders will be produced in bulk. Turn around will depend on how many orders need filled but the manifolds usually take 2 to 4 weeks to produce so long as there isn't too many in one shot. (which I highly doubt).

Last edited:
Does this require ecu remapping like prospeeds or an aem infinity like you have?

Is there any possibility to get Prospeeds involve to produce a plug and play chip for this intake manifold? I think this comb would have alot more interest. Many of us already have the RDX injector or chipped ECU. I would definitly interested if i don't have to get AEM EMS. I have been watch this after the very beginning to now. I do like to get this but getting AEM EMS + dyno tune would be a pain for me. Thanks!

I'm at least someone local... Located in Philly... Can you pm me a package for manifold and aem v2 +RDx injectors plus tune??

Is there any possibility to get Prospeeds involve to produce a plug and play chip for this intake manifold? I think this comb would have alot more interest. Many of us already have the RDX injector or chipped ECU. I would definitly interested if i don't have to get AEM EMS. I have been watch this after the very beginning to now. I do like to get this but getting AEM EMS + dyno tune would be a pain for me. Thanks!

That would be completely up to them to contact me if they have any interest in doing it. I honestly don't know how well that combo would work unless everyone ran the exact same mods. Every time there is a variable in the setup, it may warrant a change in the tune to be spot on. I don't know if that is a realistic scenario.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm at least someone local... Located in Philly... Can you pm me a package for manifold and aem v2 +RDx injectors plus tune??

Sure when I get a chance. I will also give you the same with an Infinity setup since they are relatively the same price for the hardware.

Few more questions. For a daily driver like my NSX that is operated in winter, there are some things that are not clear with the Infinity system.

1. The stock manifold has two cold idle control devices, the FITV and EACV. They have separate ports on the manifold. The FITV is a simple thermowax plunger that is bathed in coolant and sets idle at 2,000 rpm when dead cold and gradually cuts out once coolant is at around 185F. The EACV will add 300-800 rpm to the idle when cold and appears to act in concert with the FITV until coolant temp reaches normal. How does the Infinity manage cold idle? Is it all through the EACV?

2. The EACV also manages idle when the A/C clutch engages and when the alternator is charging. The factory ECU has volt inputs for both of these conditions. Does the Infinity take these into account? In other words can you set the Infinity to blip the idle when the A/C kicks on and/or when the alternator is charging?

3. How does the Infinity manage cold starts? Will it adjust mixture for ambient air temp? Does your manifold have a port for the factory intake air temp sensor?

You mentioned you will include an EACV port, so I assume it is for these functions using the stock unit? I guess I want to understand better how the Infinity manages these OEM functions.

Back