• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

DMS Performance intake manifold

This is an informative thread about this manifold I have prototyped and will be having mass produced given there is enough interest. I will proceed with getting vendor status and start a group buy thread with all of the design/application info if the former applies. Anyway, for now I will get to it and just post results.
The test vehicle is my NA1 C30 NSX. It now has 108,000 miles on the engine. When I first purchased the vehicle it had a KN filter with stock airbox and some pieced together magnaflow exhaust. I did 3 initial dyno pulls for a baseline and it made 239, 241, and 242WHP. Since then I have been doing some basic modifications building up to the intake manifold.

Current mods are as follows:

Custom DMS direct intake piping with DF scoop
Custom DMS Upper turbo manifolds that have been hybridized into headers for the time being until I do my FI build
Route KS titanium exhaust (2 inch inlet and 2.5 exit)
AEM Infinity
...and of course the intake manifold.

Those are the only modifications to the engine. The dyno comparison I will present shows ONLY the addition of the intake manifold meaning the previous dyno graph has all of the above listed modifications done without it. As you can see, the manifold has presented the engine with the addition of power virtually everywhere in the powerband including the low end and especially the mid-range, meaning port velocities in that range have increased enough to provide that result. Where the manifold really shines is the top end where I expected it to, shifting peak power almost 600rpm higher and providing a 34whp increase at 7900 rpm. I wanted this design to net gains everywhere and not just the upper part of the curve which it has done; meaning more work will be done throughout the selected gear translating into real world performance that is noticeable. I am impressed with the gains of this manifold given the lack of modification to the engine meaning the addition of modifications will only net higher gains than myself. If this was to be done on an efficient forced induction setup I would expect the gains to be nearly double. My rev limit is now set at 8500rpm and road tests confirm a clean and linear pull until the rev limit. I'm finally happy this has worked out so now I can enjoy the fruits of my labor :) Enjoy!

Picture of the current design:

Current price for manifold package is $2800 plus shipping. It comes with billet throttle body(or adapter flange for DBW), fuel rails, and remote mount IAC plate (for non-DBW guys). Since there are so many variables with setups please message me directly if you have specific requirements and I'll put together a package that works for you.

Last edited:
Interested pending pricing- any idea on that yet?

^^^^^^^^^^This.

- - - Updated - - -

So with this "awesome":wink: manifold, we lose the VVIS which will affect low end torque, correct? Also, since it sets higher than stock, using my Downforce conical intake won't happen either, correct?

^^^^^^^^^^This.

- - - Updated - - -

So with this "awesome":wink: manifold, we lose the VVIS which will affect low end torque, correct? Also, since it sets higher than stock, using my Downforce conical intake won't happen either, correct?

I'll add this link here as well for an install pic

https://www.facebook.com/dmsperform...4567379960615/679747032109311/?type=1&theater

If you read my description the comparison is from the stock intake manifold which had the VVIS and if you look at the dyno graph you will see it made more low end than the stock manifold. I designed this manifold to produce results rather than to fit existing intakes so a new one will need made to fit or you can retro fit your current one. If it would sweeten the deal for some I can make an intake to go with the package as it is extremely easy to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Interested pending pricing- any idea on that yet?

I am in discussions with the company that will mass produce these for pricing. It will be cheaper that way. I'll know very soon.

Do things on the intake side even affect smog issues? I thought that was only emissions.

I'll add this link here as well for an install pic

https://www.facebook.com/dmsperform...4567379960615/679747032109311/?type=1&theater

If you read my description the comparison is from the stock intake manifold which had the VVIS and if you look at the dyno graph you will see it made more low end than the stock manifold. I designed this manifold to produce results rather than to fit existing intakes so a new one will need made to fit or you can retro fit your current one. If it would sweeten the deal for some I can make an intake to go with the package as it is extremely easy to do.

- - - Updated - - -

I am in discussions with the company that will mass produce these for pricing. It will be cheaper that way. I'll know very soon.

I think an intake to go with it would be good for the NA crowd. In the installed pic one thing that struck me was the length of the intake pipe seemed to throw off the aesthetics of the engine bay quite a bit. It may work better as a long smooth tube but the stock intake box or having an intake box looks better than a really long tube IMO. Maybe there is a way to get both- what's the intake you have in mind look like? Or what about just an adapter tube to exit the stock air box and route into your manifold? That would allow people to use different intakes along with the oem box (assuming they are not restrictive).

is it carb or smog legal?

Will you get a carb legal sticker with it? Nope. Will it pass emissions? Yes so long as you keep the emissions components hooked up and it is tuned properly. I have added an EGR port for those who wish to hook it up. Other than vacuum ports/EVAP port the EGR is the only other emissions component affected.

Are those numbers uncorrected? Doesn't look like it, but I could be wrong.

What TB was used? OEM?

I'm interested in the price for one as well. Very good gains!

Last edited:
I think an intake to go with it would be good for the NA crowd. In the installed pic one thing that struck me was the length of the intake pipe seemed to throw off the aesthetics of the engine bay quite a bit. It may work better as a long smooth tube but the stock intake box or having an intake box looks better than a really long tube IMO. Maybe there is a way to get both- what's the intake you have in mind look like? Or what about just an adapter tube to exit the stock air box and route into your manifold? That would allow people to use different intakes along with the oem box (assuming they are not restrictive).

Everyone who has seen my setup in person likes the whole setup including the intake pipe. To each his own though. I would highly recommend not running the factory air box if you wish to get the most from this manifold. If there are those who are sticklers about keeping it (and I know there are), a small adapter pipe would be simple to make it work. With other brands again it would be simple to adapt it to this setup. I only recommend a professional installer for this though and if such a person is installing it, then they would have the knowledge and means to make everything work.

- - - Updated - - -

Are those numbers uncorrected? Doesn't look like it, but I could be wrong.

I'm interested in the price for one as well. Very good gains!

Thank you. The uncorrected numbers were higher because the run conditions were so cold that morning (ambient 55 degrees F). I use correction to make the numbers more consistent with varying conditions. Plus, all of my runs from day one have had the same correction as to keep the gain results consistent.

Last edited:
You mentioned that you had an easy solution for the STMPO targa bar- what would be involved in modifying it to work? Or are you making your own solution to work with your manifold. And just to be clear it looks like your manifold will work with the stock targa engine cover?

Last edited:
OEM TB was used correct? I'd love to bore the opening so I can ditch the stock tb and use a bigger one from Accufab.

You mentioned that you had an easy solution for the STMPO targa bar- what would be involved in modifying it to work? Or are you making your own solution to work with your manifold. And just to be clear it looks like your manifold will work with the stock targa engine cover?

Yeah I can modify those to work. Also, coincidentally the Comptech supercharger brace bolts up perfectly without modification. It will fit under the targa cover if you install 1/8 inch spacers under the cover mounting points. I currently don't use spacers for mine, but you should use them anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

OEM TB was used correct? I'd love to bore the opening so I can ditch the stock tb and use a bigger one from Accufab.

I designed the manifold to work with a BLOX throttle body for D,B,H series Honda engines. They make up to 76MM so you won't need to bore anything up to that point. The throttle cable is hidden under the plenum now and this TB works great with it. If anyone wants to get serious with theirs I can have the inlet flanges made up to 90MM and it should fit :)

Last edited:
How much and will this fit using a LoveFab Targa Brace? If so, let's do it!

Looks good & interested as well, need pricing on Blox TB & manifold.

"Congratulations and well done dmscrx!" You should be pleased with both the result and this response after all your efforts.
Will you be investing more time on the dyno searching for the optimum NA set up? By that I mean playing with say, the 76mm Blox and various larger injectors etc.
You could probably assume anyone interested in fitting your new Intake Manifold already has headers and exhaust.

This thread is poitnless without a price!!!! I kid I kid. But seriously how much? Looks like a great piece.

- - - Updated - - -

This thread is poitnless without a price!!!! I kid I kid. But seriously how much? Looks like a great piece.

Great project. My questions are:

1. How modular will the unit be? For example, will customers be able to order different length/diameter runners? Different sized (volume) plenums? Throttle body openings (sounds like it).

2. Does your intake (or will it) feature individual bellmouths?

3. Is the inside of the plenum a "single-plane" or "dual-plane"?

4. Will the retail piece be cast, or will it be a fabricated unit like the one you've teased?

5. Is your intake pipe 3" all the way through, or is it 3.5" in some spots (fender well, in particular)?

Thanks. This looks like a very nice piece.

That looks amazing... This looks like it maybe able to be adapted to an itb setup.

Back