• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Window pulley thingies.........

My car doors are apart since they are being blended with the paint on the front end. While it's all apart I thought it best to replace the thingies that cause the window to move slowly......... I cannot find them mostly since I have not idea what the correct name is and I want AFTER MARKET parts, so if anyone has the vendor and part number please advise asap so I can get them ordered and installed while everything is already apart.........passenger side is a bit slow (not totally dead) and drivers is perfect - but best to replace them now after 19 yrs.............

Appreciate the reference

Shawna

Since they still work, all you need to do is clean and re-grease the channels. The part that is prone to breakage is the plastic block that the cables fit into, and it breaks only because gummy grease increases the pressure from the motor.
If you remove the glass, be sure to mark the location of each bolt; adjusting the glass from scratch is a bear, and if not done perfectly results in a lot of wind noise.

Shawna
I'd install the window thingies from SoS that replace the plastic ones from the factory if you haven't so yet.
Also order Hugabuga's pulley and slider kit.
I've done both and my windows are good

Thanks...........looking into all options but understand the 95's don't have the same plastic part that wears out and searching online showed this part was for 91-93. The windows work well, no issue with D/S and P/S is just a bit slower........maybe just some cleaning and grease..........it's at the body shop, so they will know how to do this stuff since I'm not touching it :).

Back