• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Double heather exchangers at front.

Hey guys,
I'm in the middle of doing a WTAI set up and because I track the car very often I don't want to block the main radiator.

I have sourced a couple options for small radiators but I'm unsure of what sizes will fit.
The radiators will be mounted right in front of the AC heat exchangers one on each size, I'm looking into getting two that measure 12x14", would anyone have any ideas if they fit? Or if you happen to have your bumper off could you measure this?
I'm ok with removing the stock shrouds for the heat exchangers since they limit even more the size of radiators I want to install.
As always I appreciate your input, thank you.

Hey guys,
I'm in the middle of doing a WTAI set up and because I track the car very often I don't want to block the main radiator.

I have sourced a couple options for small radiators but I'm unsure of what sizes will fit.
The radiators will be mounted right in front of the AC heat exchangers one on each size, I'm looking into getting two that measure 12x14", would anyone have any ideas if they fit? Or if you happen to have your bumper off could you measure this?
I'm ok with removing the stock shrouds for the heat exchangers since they limit even more the size of radiators I want to install.
As always I appreciate your input, thank you.

Well your timing is poor, I had my front bumper off till last Friday to clean the radiator and heat exchanger from my intercooler as well as seal around the radiator for better cooling. I have a question for you, Do you want to use the AC? because if you do not you could simply run coolant lines to the AC condensers and use them as your heat exchangers. Looking at the inner fender liners you may want to modify them or remove the front pieces that protects the condensers as they are quite restrictive to airflow, but at least if you decided to use the spot you could hardwire the AC fans to be on to aid in cooling at lower speeds. The front shrouds do a very good job of directing the air through the condensers so if you can keep them it may be a good thing. If you do loose the condensers completely then that opens the door for some real brake duct cooling and your WTA heat exchangers will have a lot more room.

Not sure of your power level but the OEM Radiator and the DA Heat Exchanger are right on the edge of capacity with 400whp and 95* ambient temps. I can see coolant temps right at 219-220* after a 25 min session with the higher ambient temps. If the ambient temp is at or below 85* coolant temps never get over 210* when running very hard. Oh and I do have a vented hood. By the way the DA heat exchanger has worked very well for my WTA intercooler and is able to handle the heat load of 400whp with no issues. That core is 25" x 6" x 1" so I would think you need a very similar surface area to at least meet the cooling ability of that heat exchanger. In reality there are so many variables in a WTA setup that you may or may not see the same results.

Sorry I could not get you the info you needed.

Dave

Im in the 450whp range, I will be keeping the AC condensers so Im not sure what kind of room I will have. Im trying to source actual radiators that can fit in there, The shrouds will be removed and I will make something to still direct the air to the new rads.
Ill let you know how it goes.

Back