• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Wiper blades for the NSX?

I haven't tried those but I just put on PIAA silicone blades and they are awesome. I went with the Aero Vogue (model 96155) because they take replaceable inserts but they also make a Si-Tech (model 97055) that looks just like the one you posted. I read some things about that style not having as even a pressure distribution, but I've never tried them. The PIAA blades are like continuously applied RainX/Aquapel.

I have a set that is similar to this, the Bosch Icon and they work great in the rain and at speed.

Yep! You can get those wiper blades at Autozone. They ain't that expensive either. Mercedes and most of the newer cars these days come with this kind do of wiper blades. Great stuff!

Thanks guys. These were OEM on my GTI and worked/looked great. Gives the car a bit more of the modern look. I'll swing by AZ today. Thanks Tyler.

I use Rain-X Fusion which work very well and easy to install, just snap in on wiper arm. Around $17 on Amazon for driver side. Note that sizes are different- 22" driver and 21" passenger side.

do you use 2 of the same size?! if i remember correctly, both OEM have different sizes.

Ah! Good point. The PIAA application guide recommends both 22" so that's what I bought. The passenger side just slightly hit the a-pillar so I trimmed 1/4" off with a pair of snippers. I guess it would be better to use 21" for that side. I bought the more-traditional aero-vogue model, so it was easy to trim.

Also, it sure looks to me like the silicone PIAA refills will fit the OEM blades, so you could try them out for $10 each. (Model 94055 for the 22").

Hi,

hummmm. ok... will try to find the 21" and let's see if amazon ships here (Portugal)

Thanks,
Nuno

IMHO you're MUCH better off sticking with the stock wiper blades. You can replace the rubber inserts for almost nothing (they list for five bucks each). Just re-use the metal veins in them. If you want better performance, just replace the rubber inserts more frequently.

You will lose the ability to inexpensively replace the inserts if you go aftermarket with the entire blade. I wouldn't.

Hi,

i know Ken...but unless i find a used set of OEMs, i can't use it, because my NSX came with aftermarket ones....and i replaced them with another set of aftermarkets and they are trashed now...

Nuno

IMHO you're MUCH better off sticking with the stock wiper blades.

The PIAA replacement inserts or replacement blades I posted are nothing like the OEM in terms of performance. At $10 for a PIAA insert versus $5 for OEM, I'm not sure why you would use OEM. And if you use the hybrid blade I mentioned (the Aero Vogue), you get a replaceable insert and improved looks.

Back