• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

HSCCA 2014 National Run – Wine Country

Hi Fellow Honda Enthusiasts,

The Honda Sports car Club of Australia plans to hold a National Run later this year and is keen to know if you are coming along.

The idea is to visit 3 of Australia’s finest wine areas and have 7 days and 6 nights of fun along the way.
We plan to start in the famous Coonawarra area, then move onto the fantastic Barossa and finish up in wonderful Mc Laren Vale. The event will include driving on some brilliant roads in SA (including Targa stages) and partaking in some of the very best regional restaurants in Australia.

The basic itinerary is a draft only at this stage but will look like-

Sun 7 Dec 2014 PM- Meet in Penola, settle into our accommodation and get to catch up with old friends and meet some new ones, followed by an easy dinner at the local pub.

Mon 8 Dec AM- Drive to Naracoorte Caves for a look, then picnic lunch at the caves.

PM- Barrel tasting and winery tour at Katnook.

Dinner tonight at Pipers of Penola which has won many awards and is outstanding.

Tue 9 Dec AM- Head off on some great back roads for the Barossa. Including a ride for us and the cars on a “punt” across the Murray.
Take in a few Targa stages on the way to the Barossa.

Wed 10 Dec AM- Scenic drive to the historic Collingrove Hill Climb.

Lunch at Pindarie Winery.

PM- visit to Langmeil Winery and hopefully a private car collection.

Thu 11 Dec AM- Drive some Targa stages to National Motor Museum Birdwood. Maggie Beer Picnic hamper lunch in the grounds.

PM - More Targa stages to Mc Laren Vale.

Dinner down in the cellar at Victory Hotel.

Fri 12 Dec AM – More Targa roads with a run up and maybe down Wickhams and Sellicks Hill plus a drive along the coast, watch out for the whales.

Lunch at Oxenberry Winery,

PM Visit to Scarpantoni Winery for a barrel tasting.

Dinner at Salopian Inn or the Barn.

Sat 13 Dec - Head home or spend some more days in Sunny SA!

If this sounds like something you would enjoy please let us know ASAP. We are only after expressions of interest at this stage. So please email [email protected] with your name, # attending, type of car, contact details and we will be in touch with more details and costings.

Great response so far for this National Run! 15 cars and counting.....If you want to be part of it get back to me ASAP and we can firm up the Accommodation etc.

Cheers, Scott

Count me in Scott +2

Thanks Les and Cambo and yes if the NSX isnt ready the R would be more than welcome!
I will put out more details in the next week or so to those who have said they are keen

Hi Scott,
sounds great! Vickie and I are keen please keep us informed of the details,
Kind Regards Owen.
CLAKE Total Control at yourFingertips!
IMT INDUSTRIES PTY LTD <o:p></o:p>
Factory7/1 Austarc Ave Thomastown VIC 3074
MOB
EMAIL [email protected]
www.clake.com.au<o:p></o:p>

Hi Everyone,
We have a plan! The HSCCA First National Run is all go and we have had a great level of inquiry. All the bookings have been made and now we need a deposit from everyone to firm up the arrangements. All the information and details have been sent to those interested via email today. The deposit must be in by Thursday 25th September 2014 along with your Registration Form.

If your not already a member of the HSCCA then head to http://hscca.com.au/main/page_join_the_club.html and join up!

If you want to join us on the run let me know ASAP!

ROLZ.....can you please send me your email details and I will send the info out.

Cheers, Scott [email protected]

After two long years of no air-con i can now attend a NSX meet in my actual NSX! Two years of driving on only clear cool days has come to an end, all down to a loose wire. Yes, should of found it a hell of a lot sooner but other projects always popped up.
Look forward to the event and catching up with many of you.

Thanks Ekers and ROLZ look forward to seeing you on the run.

And Thanks to everyone who has sent in deposits and the registration form, we need the final numbers by the weekend so if you haven't responded, please get in quick.

Cheers, Scott

All the bookings have been made and now we need a deposit from everyone to firm up the arrangements. All the information and details have been sent to those interested via email today. The deposit must be in by Thursday 25th September 2014 along with your Registration Form.

If your not already a member of the HSCCA then head to http://hscca.com.au/main/page_join_the_club.html and join up!

Hi,
Everyone who has sent in their deposits and Registration form, final payment is due next Wed 17 Nov. You should have received an email today, please let me know if you didn't get it.

Its going to be a great run, so see you then!

Cheers,
Scott

Hi,
Everyone who is going should have received an email yesterday with the final details, please let me know if you didn't get it.

We had a surprise late entry, they came along to SA ALL NSX DAY the other week and are very keen, you will meet them next week.

Cheers,
Scott

Hi Scott, Thanks for organizing a wonderful event fun was had by all. Even though Brenda and I only joined the Adelaide leg it was great to meet and spend time with a wonderful bunch of people.

Many thanks Scott and Julie and Michael and Pia from Scarpantoni Wines for their hospitality.

Hi Scott,

Thank you and Julie for arranging such a fantastic trip thru the wine districts of South Australia. It was great to meet up old club friends and meet new NSXC enthusiasts.
All the drives were terrific as were the vineyards and restaurants you had put in place.
It's a shame we cannot encourage more Victorians on these National runs.
Until the high country run cheers and many thanks again.

Best Regards to Both,

Ian Q.

Very sorry you had to miss it at the last minute.
Pics are coming and so is Xmas!

Finally found some time to put up some Happy Snaps of the trip.
Great fun and Thanks to all who came along, its always the people that make these events and as usual that stands true!

Big Thanks to Katnook Estate at Coonawarra and Scarpantoni Wines in McLaren Vale for their support, hospitality and friendship...oh and some really nice wines!
The people who came along for the whole run should by now have received a surprise pack from either Katnook or Scarpantoni...enjoy!

Looking forward to the next one, Andrew has talked about a High Country Run and I had a visit to Bathurst 12hr Endurance race a few weeks ago and that would make a perfect trip next Feburary.

IMGP2362.JPG

At the caves in Naracoorte

IMGP2397.JPG

The Famous Collingrove Hill Climb (one of the oldest tracks in Australia)

IMGP2429.JPG

Checking out the view at Palmer Lookout

Back