• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

The Accidental Original Acura Emblem

Great story.

Please don't sell it just now, Ed. When the time comes, consider selling it to another collector that has a keen sense of protecting it's unique history. You've got something very rare that only a fool would try to duplicate.

Thanks for sharing!

Great story.

Please don't sell it just now, Ed. When the time comes, consider selling it to another collector that has a keen sense of protecting it's unique history. You've got something very rare that only a fool would try to duplicate.

Thanks for sharing!

It would take "life changing" money for me to sell it. Thanks for the advice though.

Ok guys I had another person come to me with another one of these emblems for sale. If you are interested pm me and I can get you in touch with him. First come , first served.:wink:

So there are more out there? I knew there had to be. Ted Klaus told me he had one on his desk. He said his was a little rough because it was pried off one of the NSXs in the first shipment to the US.

Last edited:
So there are more out there? I knew there had to be. Ted Klaus told me he had one on his desk. He said his was a little rough because it was pried off one of the NSXs in the first shipment to the US.

Apparently there is even more. I know of a couple of others that have them. Looks like more than Honda had wanted since they were ALL supposed to be thrown away. LOL

Apparently there is even more. I know of a couple of others that have them. Looks like more than Honda had wanted since they were ALL supposed to be thrown away. LOL

I've always found it hard to believe that I am the only one with one of these. They minted 5000 of them. Ted said that all of the Execs. in Tokyo had them. That's where he got his. You'd think that in 25 years some of those emblems had to be let loose. Paul (the gentleman who sold me his) said that all of the emblems taken off the cars and all of the spares but the ones he and the PR Exec took were sent to Tokyo. But who knows how many hands could have had access to them between Honda America headquarters and UPS. They are still very rare though and I'm very lucky to have one of them, thanks to you.

they should put them on the new NSX then they wouldn't be so special LOL

- - - Updated - - -

getting a new emblem and cutting the center part out was easy but then the nice chrome is missing in the middle but if you had someone paint it

then BAMM you have one.

- - - Updated - - -

I did the older emblems also which were made of metal like on legends and Integras those you could dip in real silver or real gold.

I am happy to be the new owner of the one lmr posted up. This one came from an ex honda employee that recieved it directly from the person removing it from the cars as they arrived in the port of la. So mine is one of the 300 that was on an nsx that should have been destroyed after removal.

Today is a happy day!

I am happy to be the new owner of the one lmr posted up. This one came from an ex honda employee that recieved it directly from the person removing it from the cars as they arrived in the port of la. So mine is one of the 300 that was on an nsx that should have been destroyed after removal.

Today is a happy day!

Glad to have helped.:smile:

Now if you want the brochures that may cost you more than the emblem.:wink:.......................:tongue:

Last edited:

Today is a happy day!

I was the first to get a hold of him. He didn't have a price yet and said he would contact me when he figured out a price or if he was putting on ebay. :mad:

How much did he end up selling it to you for?

Glad to have helped.:smile:

Now if you want the brochures that may cost you more than the emblem.:wink:.......................:tongue:

Today is a happy day!

Congratulations on your purchase. LMR is not kidding on the cost of the brochures. I have to get him drunk at NSXPO 2015 just for the emblem. Still a good deal though.

If I tell the price I paid, then I make myself look foolish, but it was something I had to have, and luckily the seller and I had met and done business before so I was able to persuade him to sell. He was mixed on selling it in the first place. He is a great guy and I feel very lucky.

If I tell the price I paid, then I make myself look foolish, but it was something I had to have, and luckily the seller and I had met and done business before so I was able to persuade him to sell. He was mixed on selling it in the first place. He is a great guy and I feel very lucky.

I probably don't want to know what you paid. It would have just been a cool piece to add to the collection.

I wouldn't feel too bad, that is an awesome piece of automotive history with a great story. Not just specific to the NSX. :thumbup:

These things are so rare that it's probably still worth more than you paid. It's not like there are thirty of them on EBay with people paying $300 for them. And they are exclusive to the NSX since the only cars to have the incorrect badge on them were the 300 that came ashore in the first load. The other Acura models came with the correct badge.

Recently while watching NSX videos on YouTube I noticed the unusual Acura emblem on this 1991 NSX promotional video. I did not think much about it until I read this thread tonight. If Honda attempted to pull all the incorrect emblems and promotional material they missed this.

https://youtu.be/5v7F0UPredI

Nice find and thanks for sharing. Good shot of it at the .22 mark of the video.

Today is a happy day!

How about a picture of that badge? And are you mounting it in some way for presentation?

Recently while watching NSX videos on YouTube I noticed the unusual Acura emblem on this 1991 NSX promotional video. I did not think much about it until I read this thread tonight. If Honda attempted to pull all the incorrect emblems and promotional material they missed this.

https://youtu.be/5v7F0UPredI

Nice find. It's my understanding that the ad agency had filmed and released a promotional video as about the time that the brochures were released. Which was before Mr. Honda had seen them. This video is probably it. Thanks for sharing.

Here it is. I now (also thanks to les) have the original brochures with the original and updated badges!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 193
Shawn, those look like belt buckles :p
I like the look of this old logo. I think I will buy some official JDM honda black tape just wider than that horizontal like and start selling little pieces of it so people can modify their own logos for a fraction of the "4 digit" cost of the rare original!

Here it is. I now (also thanks to les) have the original brochures with the original and updated badges!

That's in good condition for being pried off one of the 300 NSXs. And I wouldn't fret about the cost. Rarity will always command more $$$$. It looks like we are members of a very small club that own these rare pieces of history. I only know of one other owner (Ted Klaus) and the rest are still anonymous.

I don't think I posted a pic of my final display. I took it to NSXPO 2014 for the memorabilia display. So here it is as an example for you to consider if you are trying to create a display of your own.

Attachments

• 20141023_224316.jpg
    20141023_224316.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 138
Back