• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Good tire life with my Potenza RE050As

Jim

Experienced Member
So my first 8 years of ownership I always used the RE010s with my OEM wheels. I usually averaged a little over 9k on the rears. When I went to 17/18 with my BBS LMs six years ago, I went with the Potenzas RE050A. I now have over 14k on the rears and I think I can put a few thousand more on them.

My fronts are 215/40 and rears are 275/35. I'm not used to not changing out my rear tires every few years! Hope the rubber does not disintegrate LOL.

RE050A1.JPG

RE050A2.JPG

Thats pretty unusual in a good way! Your alignment must be set to zero toe.
I've also had good luch with Bridgestones. Had a set of pole positions that lasted over 10k.

Jim, what are your alignment specs? 8000 is very typical for me and that is very very little sport driving. Also, wouldn't mind seeing some pice of that car.

Those sizes do not appear to available any more, so hopefully yours last a bit longer.

Doh, you are right. I would be happy to settle with 265s but those are gone now as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Jim, what are your alignment specs? 8000 is very typical for me and that is very very little sport driving. Also, wouldn't mind seeing some pice of that car.

I'll have to check my specs when I get home. I'm only putting on 1500 miles/year now and prob only avg 25mph since it's just occasional work commute :redface:

You're going to have to settle for a crappy messy garage iPhone pic, I haven't taken any real pics lately.

gar1.JPG

Those are nice looking BBS wheels. I am usually not a fan but those are very nice looking!

I'll have to check my specs when I get home. I'm only putting on 1500 miles/year now and prob only avg 25mph since it's just occasional work commute :redface:

Am I the only one chuckling at this admission seeing your racy rear diffuser and wheels:tongue:

Alignment specs ---
F:
caster: 7.9 (L), 7.8 (R)
camber: -0.5 (L), -0.6 (R)
toe: -0.11 (L), -0.12 (R)

R:
camber: -1.6 (L), -1.9 (R)
toe: 0.14 (L), 0.13 (R)

Back