• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Leave Chrome or have refinished

shawn110975

Suspended
guys I did some wheelin and dealin and got these chrome 05 rims they have 2600 miles on them, now they are so minty fresh but I dont know what they will look like on my black NSX should I get them refinished the OEM grey or leave them chrome?

I looked and looked and could not find any pics of chrome 05 rims on an NSX please help...... wiht any pics of chrome OEM on an NSX.

2014-07-26_21-49-32_939.jpg

2014-07-26_21-50-02_460.jpg

2014-07-26_21-47-55_555.jpg

Last edited:
Keep it chrome. Don't look bad at all. Just a bit "heavy" for most of these guys here on prime. I guess...

do you have any pics of chrome oem on a black NSX? I have looked and looked, I see millions of pics of the OEM grey but not of the other

do you think its to flashy or will it flow good with the black

do you have any pics of chrome oem on a black NSX? I have looked and looked, I see millions of pics of the OEM grey but not of the other

do you think its to flashy or will it flow good with the black

I dont have picture. Too flashy, not really. I'm sure it will look good. You don't want it send it my way!

I think on black it would look good. If you get tired of it, then just get them redone later on.

After he install he won't have to worry about getting it refinish. It's going to look good. :wink:

Here are my 94-01 chrome wheels, it's not the 02 of course but it might help you visualize it. It's a little too Miami Vice for my taste but it doesn't look bad at all. Out of all the colors, I think black and blue are the only ones that can pull off chrome wheels.

Last edited:
You can always just dip them pretty much any color you want for less then $40 and still keep them chrome....

You've got too much on your plate to mess with these. I'll take them on trade towards an Odyssey. I'd try them like they are for awhile. You can always change them up later. I expect you'll end up painting them eventually.

I ended up getting a set of chrome 04 oem wheels for ole red. I was gonna keep them for winter wheels but everyone liked them as well. Keep them chrome

^This. I see that I'm also in the minority when I say chrome rims on your black NSX would be muy no bueno. Go with OEM gray.

thanks bobert now I know what they look like on Black still not sure the majority says OEM grey I am still not sure. I mean it looks good on black

I have pics of the grey on black they don't look bad. but then I see the pics of them gun metal and they look good to.. geez ... what to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Bobert what do you think of how it looked did you switch for a reason?

Remember that if you buy them chrome and want to properly paint them, you will have to get them chemically de-plated first, then might need to sand, etch, prime, etc as needed depending on its condition and then anodized or painted. So if you get them cheap enough so that you still save money after doing all that then just get them and you'll have any possibility of future finish available to you cheaper than you would by paying retail price for OEM grey 02 wheels.

Shawn, the car came with these chrome 02+ when I bought it. While they don't look too back on a black car, I'm personally not a chrome kinda guy. Plus, I've wanted the combination of BBS wheels on a lowered NSX since I wanted the car 15 some years ago.

I think chrome on black pull its off decent compared to other colors. Yes its flashy, but the black paint contrasts well with the chrome and being an oem wheel the look isn't outrageous, but rather it looks tastefully ritzy(if thats even a description)? They do look pretty cool when they're covered in brake dust, gives it an polished gunmetal look lol.

006.jpg
compared
DSCF0295.jpg

well I think im gonna ride with chrome for a little while and see if i like it, it doesnt look bad at all what do you guys think? she hasnt been washed in a week so dismiss the dirt LOL

2014-07-30_21-39-31_973.jpg

Chrome makes you look like a mid-level rapper from the 90's. Get those things blasted and powdercoated a light gunmetal like I did. ;) Nothing looks better on a black NSX.

Chrome makes you look like a mid-level rapper from the 90's. Get those things blasted and powdercoated a light gunmetal like I did. ;) Nothing looks better on a black NSX.

Leave them chromies for the homies...

I do have polished wheels on my black NSX and love them.

Sean, take a red scotch bright pad to the chrome and scuff them good, give them a polished look.

Worst case if you don't like it, you can have them refinished. I can't to the bling bling, but polished looks great on black IMO

Back