• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Take power from Cig Lighter?

Does anyone know if there is a PIN adaptor that plugs into the factory unit for the cig lighter? I'm deleting the ashtray and cig lighter but would still like to use the power source without cutting into the factory wires. I did a search and didn't find anything.

what are you using it for?

I actually stock those connectors. I did the same thing you did when i replaced my oem console with Sduff's carbon fiber console. Just shoot me a PM

Do you have a test light? That will help find the positive/ignition wire you are looking for really easy. Just go to the part store and buy yourself some T tap that way you don't have to cut any wires just tap into it. :wink:

mdiOaPtH7hgwAwpEx8Kjg2Q.jpg

Last edited:
Another alternative for charging your phone is to buy a Grom USB/IPhone/IPad/Android/Bluetooth adapter and run the phone plug-in and USB plug-in into your console box per the pic.
That way you have a modern hands free phone with charging and tunes from the phone/IPad or USB stick and you aren't changing your oem wiring.Grom install.jpg

T-clamps or gatorbites or vampire clips same thing.

we asked what your were gonna use it for cuz its not uncommon for newbees that would prob try and run a 1000 watt amp from it like civic owners would try. LOL

but many options as advised above.

Lol! I may be an NSX newb (working on that) but I'm not a complete dolt. I don't think the cig lighter would quite do what it takes for a 1000 watt amp! I got it worked out. I do need more parts Shawn. I'll pm you.

Back