• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Looking for a NSX in the GTA - $35,000 budget

Looking for a NSX in the GTA - $40,000 budget

Hey everyone,

First off i'd like to introduce myself to everyone as this is my first post. My name is renato and i am a huge enthusiast when it comes to vehicles. I've owned 3 s2000's, m3, STI. As you can tell i like my affordable sports vehicles. I believe it is now time for me to try out the original japanese supercar, the NSX.

I have for a long time now lurked these forums but for whatever reason never chose to sign up. That being said i am now full steam ahead into finding the right car for me. I've done my research as to the model year differences and also to look at the transmission for possible snap ring failure.

Anyhow, i noticed there are a few nsx's for sale in quebec but something just makes me feel uncomfortable about purchasing from there. I read a few threads stating that quebec doesn't have to report accidents and such.

i made this post to see if anyone else has been debating selling their car but hasn't made a listing. I would prefer an nsx-t if i can, since ill be moving from an s2000 to nsx, Love the top down. But, i set myself a budget of $35,000. Modifications are welcome as long as they are tasteful. Im looking for an accident free, fairly low km's (100,000-130,000), paint must be in good condition.

I am a serious buyer and have been waiting quite some time to find the right car, but I'm trying to make my final push. I have been getting an itch to purchase lately.

Well hope this forum can guide me in the right direction and once i make a purchase hopefully meet some of you guys some day.

Last edited:
Hello Renato,

Nice collection of car that you have owned in the past, after driving an S2000 on the track a couple of months back I can see why you had three of them.

Anyway, as for your search for an NSX, Targa's are very rear and do sell for more than the $35K budget...it all depends on mileage,condition, color and most important maintenance.

Currently, I am not aware of any members NSX that are up for sale. You will most likely find a 91-92 coupe, but you have to keep in mind the condition and maintenance.

Keep posting and looking, be more specific about colors etc.

Bram

Last edited:
Hey bram,

thanks for the informative reply. Im aware i may have to settled for an early 90's coupe. But would much prefer a targa.

vehicle specs im looking for:

color- preferably red but dont mind black as well
Year - 91-94 coupe or 95/96 targa
transmission: must be manual
condition- must be in good condition and well taken care of
mods are welcome.

Hey bram,

thanks for the informative reply. Im aware i may have to settled for an early 90's coupe. But would much prefer a targa.

vehicle specs im looking for:

color- preferably red but dont mind black as well
Year - 91-94 coupe or 95/96 targa
transmission: must be manual
condition- must be in good condition and well taken care of
mods are welcome.

You've definitely hit the largest pool of NSX out there. I'm sure one will show up that meets all your criteria and is either within your budget or very close.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Acura/NSX/CONCORD/Ontario/19_5980003_/?showcpo=ShowCPO

Here's one that meets your criteria. It's got over 200,000 kms mind you, but so does mine :biggrin:. I wouldn't pay the asking price, but it might be worth inquiring as it meets your criteria. This will be a long process after all.

Lucas

Hi everyone,

just bumping this thread up. I've been looking for a long time now for the right NSX. That being said I've bumped my budget to $40,000. Spring is coming and I'm hoping to get into a vehicle by then. If anyone is debating listing their Nsx. Please pm me.

thanks

I was going to say $35,000 was an unrealistic budget in this day & age of NSX ownership, good plan to bump it up a bit. Happy hunting!

For your price range I would try for a 93 - 94 if you can find one - only about 1900 of them came to the US.
Otherwise look for an earlier model out of snap ring range.
These will be non-targa models - but I like mine - thought I wanted targa - still happy with my 94.
Good luck on your search - Be patient.

With the Canadian dollar this low, it's a waste of time going to the US. Your $40k CAD is less than $32k USD and you have to factor into export fees, import duties, travel, etc. If you are willing to travel within Canada, there are some potentials:

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Acura/NS...2004102010286706/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=5_15_7

1991 Acura NSX Sport Coupe - Winnipeg $40,000
Make Acura
Model NSX
Kilometres 42,000 km
Body Type Coupe
Style/Trim Sport Coupe
Engine V6 3.0 Liter
Cylinders -
Stock Number 0001
Drivetrain RWD
Transmission Manual
Exterior Colour Red
Interior Colour Black
Passengers 2
Doors 2
Fuel Type Gas
City Fuel Economy -
Hwy Fuel Economy -

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Acura/NS...1501394/?ursrc=hl&showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=7_15_7

1994 Acura NSX ** 1 Seul Proprietaire ** - Montréal $36,775
Make Acura
Model NSX
Kilometres 173,000 km
Body Type Coupe
Style/Trim ** 1 Seul Proprietaire **
Engine 3.0L
Cylinders -
Stock Number p04459
Drivetrain -
Transmission Manual
Exterior Colour Red
Interior Colour Black
Passengers 2
Doors 2
Fuel Type Gas
City Fuel Economy -
Hwy Fuel Economy -

Last edited:
I checked this car out in 2010 and it's iffy. Mileage is 42,000 miles not kilometers, owner's wife said they didn't know how to change it on AutoTrader "right", that was 4.5 years ago. Had a CarProof done and there was a red flag thrown up with the mileage. It is an American car with some history, again, according to the owner's wife. They were asking $52,000 then and it still hasn't sold.

With the Canadian dollar this low, it's a waste of time going to the US. Your $40k CAD is less than $32k USD and you have to factor into export fees, import duties, travel, etc. If you are willing to travel within Canada, there are some potentials:

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Acura/NSX...PO&orup=5_15_7

1991 Acura NSX Sport Coupe - Winnipeg $40,000
Make Acura
Model NSX
Kilometres 42,000 km
Body Type Coupe
Style/Trim Sport Coupe
Engine V6 3.0 Liter
Cylinders -
Stock Number 0001
Drivetrain RWD
Transmission Manual
Exterior Colour Red
Interior Colour Black
Passengers 2
Doors 2
Fuel Type Gas
City Fuel Economy -
Hwy Fuel Economy -

91 NSX Red/Black
09 VW Jetta TDI White

The 94 Nsx in Quebec seems like a good find at that price. But I was reading to be weary of cars from Montreal. Further, it has been listed for a long while. Kind of unsure as to why it's been so long.

The 94 Nsx in Quebec seems like a good find at that price. But I was reading to be weary of cars from Montreal. Further, it has been listed for a long while. Kind of unsure as to why it's been so long.

Quebec's reputation doesn't make all NSX offerings poisonous, any candidate should be properly inspected to reveal stories no matter where it comes from. I highly doubt Luciani Acura would offer a car with serious issues, though again an independent inspection is mandatory. The ad doesn't mention whether the car has accident history, this would be my first question.

As for the car not selling, I can think of 173,000 reasons... even for the die hard NSX fan, it's been well used and this comparative disadvantage will always stick to the car no matter how nice it is. Also, these cars do not sell well in the winter months, the real test will come in the Spring.

There are a couple for sale out west here in bc. I would be happy check them out for you if you want. Bc cars have less corrosion than eastern cars in general

hmmm..... i've been debating to sell or not for the past few years but never posted an Ad.... just had a few ppl asking
but I'm afraid I will regret just like some of the guys that I know who have sold theirs...
92 NA1 w/ approx 150k km, kei office lower bumper, will have oem na2 skirts (stacy skirts in picture sold)
still have original skirts and font lower bumper... have WW rear spats, DC exhaust, Taitec test pipes (have original cats), new BC coil overs installed September 2013.
was telling ppl who asked $38k .... have seals for ABS module rebuilt
lucasScar_nsxpic.jpg

Last edited:
Don't do it Roy, we can't be friends anymore if I can't make fun of your rims.

I think I really need to get a daily now that the Evo is completely garbage.... Literally left it on the side of the road today running to a meeting... :(

Don't do it Roy, we can't be friends anymore if I can't make fun of your rims.

Last edited:
Keep the NSX, get a new DD. Fits are very good.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Acura/NS...2004322154711706/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=4_15_5

This one has been for sale on and off for maybe the fourth year now. It was originally posted for ~$35k, then went up to ~$39k, and now ~$49k.

According to the ad, the dealer brought the car to Richmond Acura to get some of the parts replaced.

PS: I am also looking for an early 91-94. Though, you're more likely to find your ideal car sooner than me since you have a higher budget.

A cheap one in BC on the big auction site. Just sharing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281622779811?nav=SEARCH

Last time it was listed it got no bids. The mileage is probably scaring off most people:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Acur...pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item418f6fbb1a&vxp=mtr

A local checked the car out and posted the findings on the local forum

**copy and pasted**

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/4892030516.html

Went to check out this nsx
First up owners is pretty chill lets me inspect and do a compression test!

The goods
-The body is nice, although its been resprayed with blue flakes which is visible when the sun hits it.
-The interior is mint minus the center console (a NOOB moment for me if you look at the seats it looks like a fixed bucket but its actually reclinable. lol! )
-There is no play on each side of the wheels
- Further inspection all the lower/upperarm/bushings/ ball joints looks good (which is very crucial to this car because In my research they are not cheap!!)

Now the bad
-The clutch and the leak
-The leak is actually not from the valve cover, but the cam plugs which is close to the valve cover
-Additional oil leaks from the oil pan and the cam seals
-The center console is cracked and damage
-The driver side toe arm the boot on the ball joint is ripped, although there's no play yet
-Started the car up and at idle it surges (in my Honda this symptom can be from air in the coolant system or the IACV/FITV I don't know if nsx has those components)
- I can also feel it misfire a little checked the spark plugs and they definitely need replacing

Now the compression test
The reading on head close to the front were (200,200,200) The rear were a little disappointing!
frown.gif
It was (190,180 ,120)
I redid the last one just in case I didn't put the tester right and it only bumped to 130
(prior to the test when i remove the coil and spark plug on that cylinder there was rust residue all over!)

Overall the body and suspension are in great shape, but the motor is not 220k miles finally taking its toll!

Again thanks to the owner for letting me check the car as I was pretty serious on getting it I even brought a diposit!
user_offline.gif

<tbody>
</tbody>

Back