• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Are there any aftermarket front knuckle options out there?

I know this has been beat to death over several threads but it seems to me that after all my reading...the fellow in California is our option if we want to replace the ball joint; which is fine with me. But, it seems to me that some aftermarket options ought to exist somewhere. Does anyone have a recommendation around this?

I started searching through the vendors (the ones I had heard of before) and came up with nothing.

Much thanks in advance.

I am not aware of any aftermarket options.

The knuckles - which include the ball joints - for the '91-96 NSX have been discontinued by Acura. I know some of the top NSX service shops are currently discussing whether or not the '97-05 NSX knuckles (which are still available) will fit a '91-96 NSX; nobody knows for sure.

As you mention, the best option at this point is probably to get the ball joints rebuilt by Steve Ghent. You can contact him by sending a private message to NSXprime username SMGNSX.

The knuckles - which include the ball joints - for the '91-96 NSX have been discontinued by Acura. I know some of the top NSX service shops are currently discussing whether or not the '97-05 NSX knuckles (which are still available) will fit a '91-96 NSX; nobody knows for sure.

I do not know for sure either but if I had to guess the knuckles are different due to the brake changes made in the 97+ cars, but that is only a guess, Delray still shows the knuckle as available but that may be a mistake in their catalog.

Dave

Back