• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Best match for direzza star specs

Hey guys,
On my last track a few months ago I manage to really flat spot my brand new star specs(the front, rears are fine).

This aren't the newest version star specs, what I'm trying to find out is what would be the best tire to match my rears? I probably will source I used front pair. Till I go ahead and replace the full set with another tire.

Options?

I think you can safely mix any of the "extreme performance" tires - Dunlop Direzza ZII, Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R and AD08, Bridgestone Potenza RE-11A and RE-11, Toyo Proxes R1R, Falken Azenis RT-615K, etc. These tires are all excellent, and of more importance for mixing, their performance characteristics are very similar to each other.

Beyond that, specific recommendations... If you plan on swapping to a specific extreme performance tire in the future, get that tire in front now. Then when your current rears wear out, you can get rears to match. Otherwise, if the Direzza ZII is available in the front size you need, that would be my first choice. But again, any of the extreme performance tires will do.

I suspect you'll have a tough time finding used extreme performance tires, since people have a tendency to use these tires up before replacing them. And if you find any, they will probably have not much tread depth left, and may not be worth shipping. (Make sure you get an actual tread depth measurement, not someone's estimation of X percent left, which is almost always overoptimistic.) If you can find some with enough tread depth so that they are actually worth buying, fine, go for it.

Go to a used tire place near an auto mall, When I was young and broke Id always be able to find Michelin pilot sport 2's in 17/18" that idiot BMW drivers would take off brand new m3's when they'd swap on some Costco rim/tires. You can mix tires front to rear but id avoid left to right, Ive done the F/R mix a ton of times but keep in mind it'll be hard(er) to find a fine balance when at the track. If youre trying to lay down timeattack style quick laps i wouldn't recommend it, if your just going out to blast around and to have fun it'll certainly be good enough.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm more of a time attack guy.
There is a guy here selling a pair of R888 in my front size.
But I think that's more of a R compound right? Maybe not the right match?

Back