• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Neoprufrok's 1991 NSX Build

Well guys.. here starts the thread.

Most of my work will be done at GT Auto Concepts in Redwood City. Great guys, and they did all the work on my McLaren 12C Spider - so I trust them.

Here's where I'm starting.. will add as it goes on.

- - - Updated - - -

First mod... 35% all around tint except for front windscreen of course.

What plans do you have right now?

You should come out to a meet sometime. Then bring your Mclaren too :)

What plans do you have right now?

You should come out to a meet sometime. Then bring your Mclaren too :)

Still in the air.

For sure:
Coilovers
Wheels/Tires
Rear Wing
Rear Valence
Side Skirts
CF a lot of stuff
Different color vinyl wrap
Harness Bar
Seats
Steering Wheel

Possibly:
Widebody
New FI

As for meets: I love going. I take my McLaren out to most C&C meets in the Bay Area.

Great find! Can't wait to see progress. McLaren and NSX? wow.

Yeah.. love my 12C. But truth is, for some reason I'm way more excited and hyped for the NSX. I think it has to do with the rawness of it. The fact that people will recognize it for the importance that it is. Also that I wanted one since I was young. And next year.. It's McLaren Honda again in F1!!

Finally, something about mid engined cars I love.

love my 12C. But truth is, for some reason I'm way more excited and hyped for the NSX. I think it has to do with the rawness of it. The fact that people will recognize it for the importance that it is. Also that I wanted one since I was young.

+1000!!! :biggrin:
Good luck with the build and please keep us posted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,593
Most of my work will be done at GT Auto Concepts in Redwood City. Great guys, and they did all the work on my McLaren 12C Spider - so I trust them.

Good choice, but they are a fairly new business as far as I know, so in case you find yourself wanting to shop around and look into shops that have been around longer and have a really solid reputation, here is my list (one man's opinion!) of who I'd probably use for this stuff:

Coilovers - Custom Alignment in Mountain View
Wheels/Tires - Five Point Tire in Redwood City, Custom Alignment in Mountain View
Rear Wing - Five Fifteen Auto Body, Burlingame
Rear Valence - ditto
Side Skirts - ditto
CF a lot of stuff - GTAC
Different color vinyl wrap - GTAC again
Harness Bar - TC Design Fabrication or Griffin Motorwerke
Seats - both of the above
Steering Wheel - same two again

Possibly:
Widebody - Five Fifteen Auto Body again
New FI - Driving Ambition, Blacktrax performance, ScienceOfSpeed, Autowave... if it were my car I would be willing to travel to get the job done right.

Looking forward to seeing her evolve! (Assuming the car is a her :wink:)

Last edited:
+1000!!! :biggrin:
Good luck with the build and please keep us posted.

I see you have the same exact collection of cars I would want!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Good choice, but they are a fairly new business as far as I know, so in case you find yourself wanting to shop around and look into shops that have been around longer and have a really solid reputation, here is my list (one man's opinion!) of who I'd probably use for this stuff:

Coilovers - Custom Alignment in Mountain View
Wheels/Tires - Five Point Tire in Redwood City, Custom Alignment in Mountain View
Rear Wing - Five Fifteen Auto Body, Burlingame
Rear Valence - ditto
Side Skirts - ditto
CF a lot of stuff - GTAC
Different color vinyl wrap - GTAC again
Harness Bar - TC Design Fabrication or Griffin Motorwerke
Seats - both of the above
Steering Wheel - same two again

Possibly:
Widebody - Five Fifteen Auto Body again
New FI - Driving Ambition, Blacktrax performance, ScienceOfSpeed, Autowave... if it were my car I would be willing to travel to get the job done right.

Looking forward to seeing her evolve! (Assuming the car is a her :wink:)

Thanks man! GT Auto Concepts does a great job. They've worked on mine and many of my friend's cars. They're building a Race Mini, Race E30, and a few other cars. But I also have had experience with most of the shops you listed... the only negative one being Griffin Motorwerke.

Thanks for the tips.. can't wait to see this progress.

Thanks to S4Play - have this sweet, well done CF steering wheel to start my car's transformation. Keeps the airbag intact - which I think is still a must for street driving. It's got CF top and bottom with flat bottom. Also has a red stripe at the top and leather sides, with red stitching.

Nothing like going strong out of the gate! Can't wait to see it installed.

It's going to go with the theme of the car.. which I will reveal later. The car already has a great mechanical foundation, so I just need to tune that stuff up. Some augmentation of the look is what I'm going for now.

The parts collection continues... JDM NSX-R Smoked Taillights... Thanks to AdvansCPAP

- - - Updated - - -

Also... just got these photos back from my buddy Kirby Fong of Itz|Krb Photography fame of my McLaren 12C Build on the Bay Bridge... thought I'd share:

Great start! I love those tail lights!!
The bridge pics are awesome!! How'd you get no traffic?

Thanks… the old bay bridge from Oakland to San Francisco is being demolished - they just built the new one. My photographer knew the right people to get on the bridge for the shoot.

Well.. a little bit of bad news. The car does have some issues mechanically that need to be done first. Shad at Driving Ambitions has the car - is doing a wonderful job with it. So nice to be able to have somewhat with that level of expertise and knowledge work on the car. So basically, the car is down on power, needs new rotors, and needs a little updating of the suspension. So after a compression test/leak test - will do the following:

1. KWV3 coils, front noncompliance clamps, bump steer kit
2. New slotted rotors for front
3. Whole new fuel management/injectors/pump/regulator to get the psi up on the S/C

Other things will happen once this all gets done. Very excited still!

Yeah.. love my 12C. But truth is, for some reason I'm way more excited and hyped for the NSX. I think it has to do with the rawness of it. The fact that people will recognize it for the importance that it is. Also that I wanted one since I was young. And next year.. It's McLaren Honda again in F1!!

This.... is awesome. :biggrin:

Love the C12, How on earth though did you manage to have the bridge to yourself for photos?

Love the C12, How on earth though did you manage to have the bridge to yourself for photos?

Thanks.. Kirby Fong.. who shoots my cars, knows the guy who is demolishing the old bridge.... Very nice of him to allow us there to shoot.

Is the "H" on the center piece a decal? Seems very thin. I like that, I'm not a fan of the thicker rear badges. I'm a tad jealous.:redface:

Is the "H" on the center piece a decal? Seems very thin. I like that, I'm not a fan of the thicker rear badges. I'm a tad jealous.:redface:

I believe it is.. I don't know for sure but will check when I get it.

Its actually not a decal. I think its an actual "H" emblem fitted on the inside of the lense. I have the same center lense.

Pulled the trigger on a set of Gram Lights 57FXXX 18x8 and 19x10 wheels yesterday. I was debating 17/18 and 18/19 as I like to track occasionally, but I like the looks of bigger wheels. I was going to get a set of both - but then decided to just consolidate as their are more tires available int he 18/19 size. The difficulty was finding the right wheel for the job. I came across these entirely by accident when I called Science of Speed to inquire about some Advans and their Gram Lights 57xtreme wheels. They had these in stock in NSX fitment. I liked them, so I pulled the trigger. Wheel weights are around 20lbs front and 21.5-22 in the back. Not super lightweight by any means, but not horribly heavy either. My McLaren Super Lightweight Factory Rims are 19.5lbs in front and 21.5lbs in back although they are 19/20s.

Anyways here is the pics of the whole set. The second pic shows the concavity of the rear wheels. And the last pic is of the wheels on someone else's car - which I liked a lot. May be respraying the wheels to satin black, but I'll see what it looks like when I get them.

- - - Updated - - -

The question then becomes tire sizing. I would think 215/40-18 and 265/40-19 are the safest. I was wondering about 225/35-18 and 275/35-19? There's some great tire choices at that size.

Back