• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Steering ?

I notice while sitting in the car at idle that if I turn the wheel enough to go pass where the wheel is centered I feel a bump in the power steering. Happens whenever I cross the centered point. Any idea what that is?

Do you mean you feel a notchiness when turning the wheel slightly off center while the car is stopped? If so, that means your EPS pump is starting to go.

I also noticed this feeling on my car (same as yours, 97 Spa Yellow) as soon as it was delivered last December. My understanding is that the only solution is to pull the entire steering rack and have it either repaired or replaced. Replacing the rack is going to be absurdly expensive (~$6k if you can even find a replacement rack) so really the only viable solution is to have it repaired. There is a member on the board who can repair it (I think d1 guy?), but between his cost and the expense incurred to remove the rack itself, you'll still be paying at least $2k to have it fixed.

You can PM Valhalla as he's gone through the entire process already. I plan to have it fixed in the next year or two, but for now the car drives fantastic and I only notice the notchiness at a dead stop.

Back