• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

ABS Delete Kit Update

Group Buy - ABS Delete Kit

We have sold out the 1st batch of the ABS Delete Kit. Thank you Prime.

We will start a list for the 2nd batch($360 + Tax+ $12.35 shipping) below with one option of 3 Ti bolts(Grade 5, 6Al-4V) M10x1.25x40 for extra $25 bucks:cool:
Please make a note if you want Ti. and the total price will be $285 + tax+ shipping

Folks below have been waiting since 8/19. This Group Buy ends on 9/24/2014

1. NSXcitement(Dave D.)
2. XRC (Jason)
3. Nero Tenebre
4. MOMSPH

Last edited:
So does it come with a proportioning valve now, or is it available?

So does it come with a proportioning valve now, or is it available?

not yet. give us a couple months. we have too much going on right now.
it won't come with a Tilton P-valve. The mounting plate is drilled & tapped for the Tilton P-valve(lever or knob style) as the mounting locations are the same.
you have to buy a Tilton lever style P-valve or a Tilton Knob style P-valve of your choice. The mounting plate will not be drilled and tapped for the Russell P-valve. its heavy and not well designed IMO.

Does anyone know how much room we gain by removing the abs? I want to mount a 6"x18-20" tank under the hood for a VRH and it won't fit transversely on the battery tray from what I can tell. If this would help I would be even more motivated!

Nero,
if you give me a starting point of the exact location of the tank you want to mount. I'll take a measurement for you. The final foot print of this ABS kit is quite small or is about as small as its going to be. There are some pix on pole2flagracing.com for visual reference.
You can attach pix here or send to [email protected] to avoid any confusion.

liftnot,thanks for the abs delete kit and for the primo hand holding as you helped me with the install long distance.Fellow primers this is a really slick kit and if you also choose to remove your spare tyre and bracket you have enough room for a party under the bonnet.looks really clean,especially with the ti bolts.thanks again....steve

Last edited:
Please put me down for one. What's the timeframe for this, so I know when I should order my prop valve...

Please put me down for one. What's the timeframe for this, so I know when I should order my prop valve...

we have not yet begun the process configuring the P-valve. We had initial discussion of the layout and its not too difficult but will requires a new bracket design. The new bracket design will allow either the lever style or the knob style P-valve made by Tilton, NOT Russell. Whoever bought the 1st batch will get a free upgrade of the new bracket to accommodate the Tilton. The extra DOT lines will not be free but can't be very much. So, either way you fine. Once we reach 5 signups, we will ask for a $50 non-refundable deposit and will take 1-1.5weeks to ship.

Right now we are focusing on launching the ARB 2.0, alternator relocation, front dry carbon bumper. Its gonna be a couple months before we can put in the time. Its not a difficult process, just finding the time to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

liftnot,thanks for the abs delete kit and for the primo hand holding as you helped me with the install long distance.Fellow primers this is a really slick kit and if you also choose to remove your spare tyre and bracket you have enough room for a party under the bonnet.looks really clean,especially with the ti bolts.thanks again....steve

Steve,
Thank you for your feedback. We are making parts that we want/love to have for the NSX but not avail. on the market.:smile:

We will start a list for the 2nd batch($260 + Tax+ $12.35 shipping) below with one option of 3 Ti bolts(Grade 5, 6Al-4V) M10x1.25x40 for extra $25 bucks:cool:
Please make a note if you want Ti. and the total price will be $285 + tax+ shipping

Folks below have been waiting since 8/19. This Group Buy ends on 9/24/2014

1. NSXcitement(Dave D.)
2. XRC (Jason)
3. Nero Tenebre
4. MOMSPH

Last edited:
Its the other way around. the purpose of the P-valve is to balance the braking force between the frt and the rear brakes...more specifically, the piston sizes used provided the BBK are the same brand frt and rear. The P-valve should have clearly defined positions(Tilton) not infinite adjustable(Russell) so you know where your sweet spot is.

If you have BBK and the frt & rear have the same piston size for economic reason, you would/should need a P-valve to balance the brake, but then again, depending on your driving preference or how much you are willing to adapt.

ie. I have oem brakes with the ABS delete since 08, the frt caliper pistons is bigger than the rear so I am ok on the road and on the track. Stop Tech, AFAIK, use different size pistons so they can say its "made for the NSX". Its all physics of Force = P/A (pressure over area).

If you have BBK and the calipers are the same frt and rear, w/o the P-valve under heavy braking, the rear may lock up due to weight transfer and you might find yourself facing the wrong way....not saying this will happen but depending on your driving skills.

IMO, ABS 1.0 is designed in the later '80s so this solution makes more sense than the 02 ABS upgrade designed in the mid '90s where you spend $2k+, special JDM NSX-R s/w? a minimum of a whole day of labor for installation + bleeding, saving 15lbs, and its only better than the ABS 1.0 and that is not saying a lot AND to activate it, you have to brake like mad which you should not do on the road or on the track(no purse for winning or looking for that 1/10th Hero of the day risking going off track:eek:) especially if your treadwear rating is not around 100 or lower. If its raining, slow way down and hope the yahoo next to you pays attention. If we spend over $2k on a mod, we should use it or have it work for us as often as it can to maximize the benefits.

After we release the prepreg frt bumper next week, we'll be revisit the P-valve solution so should have new parts before Thxgiving. Too much to do and too little time but we'll get there.

Last edited:
Thank you for the answer. I'd hoped that having the same front/rear calipers would eliminate the need for the P-valve. I guess it's good to ask questions.:wink:

Folks, the ABS delete kit is ready to ship. Please complete your transaction thru our website pole2flagracing.com and make sure all your info is current. Shipping is $12.35 and if you do Paypal, please add the 3% fee and if you are in California, please add 8% tax. If you made the $50 deposit, you can pay the balance to [email protected] thru Paypal.Thanks much!

Any news on the p valve? Will you have it as an option or can the kit you supply come pre tapped for the Tilton?

Edit: nevermind I see it is set up for the Tilton already we just have to purchase it separately.

Do you think it's ok to get the 90-2003 instead is the lever type? It looks less noticeable under the hood.

Last edited:
Been a month... Any progress on the lines for the proportioning valve? Really need them installed with my kit...

Last edited:
Back