• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Some widebody questions...

Hey guys… looking into a wide body build of the car. Had a few questions...

First one… anyone know if this kit is available or who makes it?

Second, I was thinking about making a custom wide body similar to that car...

But would like to know what the best 17/18 wheel/tire size/offset/tire size and 18/19 wheel/tire street size/offset/tire size?

I'm trying to build a wide body that is true to the lines of the car, but just allows for flared fenders only.

Thanks,
Rich

You could also post on the NSX Facebook page.
Lots of widebody enthusiasts there.

I think there's a widebody (more like flared fender) kit like that already in the works, but just wide enough to fit 235 front and 275-315 rear tires (in 18/19) that is similar to stock and not as extreme as the car above.

I would like to see someone replicate that kit though, I think it looks great.

Saw this awhile back as we'll but no info as too who makes it or any reproductions of it... Too bad I think it's really nice

We made this not long ago for a BMW 135....ya, I know a nutty 135 project with a sequential box too. Cray-see:eek:
Hood, front bumper(7 inches wider) fenders(wider) front splitter, door shells, rocker covers, full under tray, roof, quarter panels(wider), trunk lid with rear lip built in, rear bumper(7 inches wider), rear diffuser from lola sports racer, brake ducts, interior close off panels and a couple other things too. 562 pounds were taken off car!!!! All 100% dry carbon.

Maybe some day my NSX.....

Last edited:
Yeah I love that kit above. All I really want are flared fenders. I think a lot of the wide body kits look great, but I prefer the classic lines of the NSX with just a moderate flaring of the fenders in the pic above.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm used to the flares on my previous car... my C63 Black Series... well I like it when girls sit on the flares too!

We made this not long ago for a BMW 135....ya, I know a nutty 135 project with a sequential box too. Cray-see:eek:
Hood, front bumper(7 inches wider) fenders(wider) front splitter, door shells, rocker covers, full under tray, roof, quarter panels(wider), trunk lid with rear lip built in, rear bumper(7 inches wider), rear diffuser from lola sports racer, brake ducts, interior close off panels and a couple other things too. 562 pounds were taken off car!!!! All 100% dry carbon.

Maybe some day my NSX.....

If you guys made this fender set for the NSX, +3.5" on each side, how much would you charge me? I'm fairly-serious, I keep thinking about this kit and it's far and away the best I've seen for what I want to do with my NA1.

The owner of that car works for a NASCAR team & he wanted this to be an upgrade(not a mod) done right 1st and foremost and in pre-preg not fiberglass or other typical CF processes on the market for wt. and strength reasons. No other pre-preg shop/racing team has the time to make an one-off project like this and thru word of mouth, he found us.

It did cost him a pretty penny but he understands what he is getting. The tooling cost for each fender starts $2K+ but those parts don't fall apart at 180mph+ in the front straight at Road America. IMHO, sadly, to make this for the NSX is a long shot and the demand is way too small to make sense. We need to have people who are not only interested but also willing to pay. We love to do something like this but the number needs to be there.

We appreciate you noticed the "pre-preg" description as our beautifully made DF CF R-wing weights twice as much as our front bumper beams and the surface areas are similar but much stronger. We believe its important to post the general CF method made so people know what they are buying as not all CF product are made with the same process. We also believe any replacement parts for the NSX should be at least oem quality if not better, lighter stronger for such a iconic car.

Sorry guys, but I think fender flares belong on a truck. Your not bushwacking through the rough. It's all for show. Some are very cool. But on a small car, nah.... Maybe I am wrong but I think the nsx pictured above looks like a fast and furious car that Hollywood was more than welcome to crashing and destroying.

Back