• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nav Pod with NavTV install + a few added goodies

Here's a few pictures of my recent Nav Pod install that houses an Alpine TME-M770 7" screen, and then is hooked up to the NavTV standalone navigation system. The NavTV system runs the Garmin software. It works great and I'm happy with the install.

The few other goodies that I installed were the Guppy Attack antenna and then the Valentine 1 custom mount bracket. Both items were from scorp965 and www.performancepackage.com, and I have to say both were worth the money! :biggrin:

Looks good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sick!!!

I think you have the GPS antenna on your head unit there above the ashtray (unless that is a microphone or something else) - FWIW a stereo shop recently put the GPS receiver for my police scanner *inside* the dash (right behind the clock unit - or in your case it could go inside the nav pod) and it works perfectly and is cleaner/more stealth. They claimed (and I now believe them) that GPS signals pass through things like leather and plastic pretty easily, just not metal.

Also, nice cassette... what's on it??

Looks great!! More and more I think I really need to do this modification.

I was going to ask the same thing. Does the Alpine monitor accept any more inputs for gauges or back up camera ect?
Kinda like this? :). Has a nav and touchscreen controls for a backup cam as well.

regan-yu-s-jdm-acura-nsx-59007_zpsc8cba941.jpg

How did you secure the top of the Navpod to the bracket. What type of screws did you use?

Here are the part #'s for the screws and gromets that are used with the bracket. They can be bought at any Acura or Honda dealer.

91640-SM4-003 Gromet
93903-44480 Screw

Last edited:
^This… I happened to stumble on this thread and pieced one of these up today. Hass, I owe you a beer my friend.. Works perfect as you said and the sound is amazing.. So long FM radio!

Glad I can contribute to the community, I told about it to a couple of members at a meet today.

I was told about this item by a Toyota executive lol.

Back