• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

front knuckle 91 vs 05 difference?

Hi!

I was told the front right knuckle is discontinued, so I checked the same part from the Facelift model. This has a different part number, so I wonder if the knuckles are the same. Do you know?

thanks

I do not know - sorry! - and I know several top NSX mechanics who are asking the same question. We won't know until someone tries it out.

In the meantime, anyone who is considering replacing the knuckle because the ball joint is shot, should probably consider getting the ball joint replaced by Steve Ghent. His NSXprime username is SMGNSX and you can reach him via Private Message or e-mail.

Done...... I tried it out they fit speed sensor, brake line rotor, caliper fits wheel hub fits. now this is only the fronts I have not tried the backs so that I am not sure.

I can finds some side by side pics I took years ago to show they are the same

- - - Updated - - -

also: note this was fronts from a 2002 but Im sure the same from 02-05

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind any thing I say or do isn't certified by pbassjo so it must be wrong.

bye goodluck

The fitment issue might be different rubber in the bolt mounts- tuned for the 02-05 suspension. Probably miniscule difference.

Just got the info from an german guy whoh checked an 02 vs a 91 knuckle and he told me thats the same. Also he parted out an 2002 NSX last year and in this car was a 1991 knuckle installed, cause this car had an accident some years ago. So this was double checked! :)

We all know now, that the new knuckles fits the old cars. :D

I said that cuz I was mad at pbassjo at the time LOL

the front work cuz I have used them and they fit like a glove. but I only have swapped the fronts, I have never tried it on the rears

- - - Updated - - -

but I would expect them to fit the same

Nevermind any thing I say or do isn't certified by pbassjo so it must be wrong.
I said that cuz I was mad at pbassjo at the time LOL

:confused:

I'm starting to think he has some kind of weird crush on me.:redface:

Different part numbers for the same part don't always mean the parts in question are not interchangeable or, for that matter, different in any way at all.
It could be something as simple as that they might have changed vendors.

It would be interesting to weigh them both, 1991 knuckle and 2002+ and compare.
During the car's 1991-2001 run, Honda changed the molecular density, increased it, of some NSX body panels to make them thinner,weigh less, and still meet their target strength goal. Those parts, though interchangeable, have different part numbers as well.

Last edited:
Back