• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Question on running new wire from accessory port to Nav Pod

Do I need to remove the entire console to pass a wire from the accessory port to Nav Pod area? I need to run a new wire and wonder if I can just romove the Nav Pod and snake a wire down to the left and reach the accessory port. If anyone has any experience and can share some knowledge here would be appreciated. Any additional tip would be great.

Thanks

Frankie

I think it may be possible if you are experienced and good at fishing wires but it will be a lot easier if you just pull the console. And you would want to have seen inside to have a good idea of where you are headed out of the console area into the steering-column area.

jwmelvin, thanks for the quick reply. I was hoping not to go through all the console removal if I can just fish that one wire out. But if I have to remove the console, then I'll give it a shot. I'm trying to fit the latest 7" Garmin in the Nav Pod. Will post my progress once I start, probably in the Sept timeframe. Thanks!

Don't fear removing the console because it's really easy! Just take care to not scratch the finish but really, it's just a few screws to remove and Bob's you uncle :smile:

Agree. And also, you may be fine just removing the navpod-vent cluster. I was thinking of how it would be with the clock out and vents in. With both out I don't think it would be that hard.

Thanks everyone, will give it a shot.

Frankie

Back