• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

i really hate dealers sometimes. great car nearby, but they're not budging on price

caddy dealer just a couple hundred miles away has this guy for sale:

http://www.thomsonmacconnell.com/VehicleDetails/used-1999-Acura-NSX-Manual-Cincinnati-OH/2308115423

single owner, but no maintenance records, car needs a timing belt/wp at minimum. looks very clean though. I offered 50k and they said nope :(
so far 58k is the best they can do. apparently they have "$55,540.00 in the car" (they took it in as a trade-in) which if true means they made a costly mistake, in my opinion.

What do you guys think would be a fair price? Anyone in the area know anything about this car? Source 1 had no info on it.

$45-55k is a desirable price for this car, history and service dependent. Based on your wanted post, it seems that this car isn't "exactly" what you want so I would let it slide on by if they aren't hitting a good deal. It seems you are patient enough to wait for your perfect car to come around. When that happens, *then* don't let a few thousand stand in your way but I wouldn't compromise on a car that is already a compromise if it were me.

Just my two cents.

Yeah, I left it at 50k and told them to contact me if things change. My patience waxes and wanes...when good looking cars pop up within driving distance it's tough not to get a bit emotional.

thanks for your thoughts, they're what I need to keep sane during my search :D

I do hope this car finds a good home though. Someone passionate about the NSX but with deeper pockets than me!

interesting that a cadi dealer has an nsx in trade......unless it was for a c7 vette.

I'm not running this NSX down, but the driver's seat bolster looks fairly well-worn and a couple of scuffs on the driver's door skin......as you say, likely needs TB and H2O pump service due to age. No maintenance history would be a HUGE negative factor for me.

At the $60 K asking price I believe they are hoping to find "meat on the hook" that buys on emotion or does not know the market well (which you seemingly do).

Your offer was very reasonable. Pass on it and move on. :smile:

I got a lot of the out-of-their-mind responses from dealers when shopping for my last nsx. I remember a dealer or two wanting big bucks for snap ring cars with ccu and bose issues, among others. just make a fair offer and walk away. they're looking for a fish.

Back