• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Early 1991 VIN's

My vin is fairly early MT000383. Was wondering if anyone knew what the first number was and if they go in procession or not. I doubt 000383 means I was the 383'rd produced. Also, are there any here that are earlier than mine? Looking at my owners manual a few weeks ago got me thinking as it said something like they took delivery Oct. 1st 1990 I believe.

If your car has a Vin number ending with MT000383 it means it was the 383rd car manufactured for United states, there is a car out there with a Vin ending in MT800383 and that one would be 383rd Canadian delivered car. About half of the ~18000 NSXs ended up in the U.S. so you could assume that every other car made was a U.S. spec car so with that said yours was probably number ~750th which is still very low considering all the cars that were unsold and crashed for testing. This could be way off.

Last edited:
This is one thing I tried to get going before with out success. Mine is MT000199 and if they started at 000063 it would make mine way early for a '91 and it is 7/90 on my manufacture sticker. I really wish there was a master list for production numbers out there.

-Alec

Last edited:
This is one thing I tried to get going before with out success. Mine is MT000199 and if they started at 000063 it would make mine way early for a '91 and it is 7/09 on my manufacture sticker. I really wish there was a master list for production numbers out there.
They DID start at MT000063. I've known several owners with VIN's less than yours.

And I'm pretty sure your sticker says 7/90, not 7/09. :biggrin:

I really wish there was a master list for production numbers out there.
-Alec
It's not exactly what you're wishing for .. but a few years ago we attempted to create an inventory of VIN sightings (from Prime, eBay, Autotrader, etc) but it was a huge undertaking and by the time we gave up, we had about 350 US VINs in the inventory. You can see the list here: http://nsxprime.com/w/index.php?title=Category:US_91_VINs&pageuntil=JH4NA1156MT002843#mw-pages
You will see that yours is in there as well as a number of others including ser# 65. I see that one of the low ones was really a Canadian car and was obviously mis-entered in the US list. Note that because the VINs include digits for standard and automatics and because one of the digits is a check digit, the auto sorting function doesn't list them in pure ser# order so you basically have to just scan the list. Note that you only 200 VINs display at a time.

I have looked on that list and not seen mine..... I have also seen a few of the other threads about creating master lists for VIN's and production orders. I know 199 isn't the lowest serial number when it comes to VIN's, but I think it is pretty cool having a pretty low number. Pretty cool having the delivery documentation from Japan to Miami Florida too.

...... And yes I did mean 7/90...... I am not claiming to have the legendary unicorn 2009 NSX!

-Alec

Mine is 000753. Not really low. Purchased on Dec 1, 1990 in Chicago. 1st delivered to the dealer. The original owner paid $23k over list to be first.

The VIN on my 1991 is MT000098 with a 07/90 production date, is it conceivably the 35th NSX imported into the US market?
It is conceivably the 36th NSX imported for sale in the U.S. market. It is the 35th such car after the one with MT000063.

You didn't look too hard .. isn't this yours? http://nsxprime.com/wiki/JH4NA1156MT000199 Maybe you didn't catch my comment that they're sorted on the entire VIN not just the serial#.

HAHA I swear I have looked hard at that list probably a dozen times over the last few years and never seen my car...... I found it........

-Alec

Back