Thread: CJ's Brewery Meeting

Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CJ's Brewery Meeting

A couple of people have told me about the west side group that meet on Wednesdays at CJ's off of Beck Road in Plymouth so I cleaned up my car and decided to head out and see what was up with this group. Grabbed a friend to come along for the ride and away we went; fought the parking lot blues from Rochester to Plymouth. I was expecting a huge gathering of NSX drivers cars and scantily clad women, but couldn't fin any kind of announcement-in fact, the waitress didn't know there was a regular NSX gathering there; to be honest, she probably didn't know what a NSX is. So my friend and I made a huge bet on who could find the NSX folks first, going table to table asking people if they were NSX owners. Lo and behold, we found Cindy and Neal Wisner along with Brian and Judi Bennett holding down the fort and yelling at anyone who didn't have a cool car (an NSX) or soundly thrashing any and all Porsche owners for being exactly that-a Porsche owner. Well, it wasn't a late night, they graciously invited us for a sit, talked about cars and discovered that I know next to nothing about my 95 NSX, although the sight of my car brought tears to all of their eyes. I had a good time and look forward to making another trek out to Plymouth. Although I already decided that if I come out there again, then I will have to organize a night in Rochester and see if I can get any of you West siders to come on over to sunny, beautiful, peaceful and lovely Rochester. Thanks for a fun time Neal, Cindy, Judi and Brian. I also me a young fellow (cant remember his name) with an M3 BMW and a guy named John that owns a flock of Fords. I hope to make one of the group events like you had in Canada-sounded like fun. Hey, let me know about the Waterford event. I love to put my car on the track-just got back from Mosport and Road America; I am at Grattan with the PCA group Sept 13-14.

Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome aboard! hope to meet you next week...
    1999 NSX - 'coated Enkei RPF1 17/18; FirstTime-Borla race exhaust; BC coil-overs ...
    Cadillac ATS (daily driver).

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch yourself around that group
    Welcome! Sorry I missed ya (and everyone) 96 being closed has really cut back my CJ's trips lately. Hope to see you on some meet/drives soon!
    www.blodisign.com
    -91 NSX Red/Black - Lovefab LF800

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey John, it was truly our pleasure to meet you guys last Wednesday.

We all applaud your pioneer spirit to drive all the way across town to meet up with some nefarious folks

Hey, we were Porsche people for 20 years..........no hatin' but simply have moved on!

Your 'smack talk' is welcomed as we could use a little rabble rousing amongst the ranks, you'll fit right in nicely.

There is a Waterford Hills Open Track Day this Sunday (Judi and I are Instructors), but I fear it may already be sold out.

CHEERS!
    Brian

(PS- M3 owner is Bob, and guy whose blood runs Ford blue is John ;-)
    Last edited by sca037; 08-29-2014 at 18:35.
    Red/Black 1992
    17/18 Advan Model 5's, '02 headers + RM Racing 'DTM' muffler, Bilsteins

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Porsche owners are scum of the earth.

Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholas421 View Post
    Porsche owners are scum of the earth.
    Love the look of that cat!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, if you are going to ask anyone on these forums for information about anything NSX related from basic maintenance to upgraded performance; who would you ask? Give me the names of at least 3 people who know what they are talking about when it comes to an NSX.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrd95nsx View Post
    Ok, if you are going to ask anyone on these forums for information about anything NSX related from basic maintenance to upgraded performance; who would you ask? Give me the names of at least 3 people who know what they are talking about when it comes to an NSX.
    On Prime, I would say the Big Kahuna #1 go-to guy is Larry Bastanza (that's also his user name here).

In the Midwest there is of course Brian Urlage (Source 1 here) whose shop is in greater Cincinnati.

Locally, you can ask the regular CJ's crew all kinds of stuff.....as many of us are pretty deep into the NSX experience, including performance mods.

Brian
    Red/Black 1992
    17/18 Advan Model 5's, '02 headers + RM Racing 'DTM' muffler, Bilsteins

Feedback Score
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Midwest Group, I posted to the 1st Gen thread because I am a first Gen'er and hope you will go and take a look; I am looking for some advice on some of the mods I am making to my car but want a few more than 6 people to offer some advice. If you would please. See "General Modifications" and thanks.