• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Clear bra

I just had mine done. VERY EXPENSIVE if you ask me. Whether it's worth it or not is still being debated in my mind.
I went to Northwest Auto Salon for the XPEL Ultimate clear bra and then to Metropolitan Detail to get Clearplex on the front windshield. I think everywhere you look will tell you that these two places are the best detailers in all of Seattle.

Excellent job by both places!

Last edited:
I had Xpel Ultimate done to mine as well. If you feel like venturing south to Portland, I could recommend a few places.

Ira

10494359_10101209749289718_3163254519880641666_o.jpg

Ira, do you mind telling us the cost to do it down in Portland? I'm just curious how it compares to Seattle. Also, did they cover the painted inside area of the Acura emblem? I'm still trying to decide what to do with that little area and the inside edge in front of the headlights that is supposedly too harsh a curve for them to cover.

The edge in front of my headlights was done without issue. The only parts that didn't work well with a full cover was around the headlight itself (had those done) and I believe the pillars at the bottom of the bumper by the grill. I honestly will need to check around the emblem. I advised not to remove that so I'm not sure if he put any inside the emblem or not. I don't believe so though.

As far as pricing, I did have it done outside of a "shop" so I would need to check pricing but it's dependent on how much you want to get done in terms of bumpers, hood, fenders, etc. If you want I could get some quotes?

I've heard the xpel ultimate can be troublesome to work with if the shop is unfamiliar with the product.

Last edited:
Wow... that's weird. All the XPEL places said that the inside curve in front of the headlights was not do-able because of the extreme curvature. Everything else was done without problem including the entire bumper (even the pillars) and the lights themselves and even around the lights no problem. Just those two inner curves in front of the headlights were not done. I had full front done and that's what I ended up with.

I'll check when I get home concerning in front of the headlight. I think I may have Mis spoke concerning the bumper pillars. There wasn't an issue in doing them, there just would be seams. I was pretty particular with the installer and advised I wanted to minimize seams as much as possible, which he did for the most part.

Computron, is this the area you were requesting? This is the area directly in front of the headlight. It is one solid piece in front of them.

Ira

1553562_10101270826056388_5369255536842437978_o.jpg

10380865_10101270826046408_6928491220609009810_o.jpg

10631112_10101270826051398_4270247699513083086_o.jpg

Yes, I am talking about the area in your first pic. It looks like you have a seam in that pic, but then it doesn't look like you have one in the 3rd pic. Hard to tell. Here's a pic of mine to show you where I am talking about.

IMG_0807.jpg

Clear Bra Washington

Any recommendations for a clear bra installer in the tacoma / seattle area?

We have been getting more requests lately for paint protection film as the NSXPO 2014 approaches. We had a great time last year and even had two of our local owners drive their Imola XPEL Protected NSX's over to Raleigh.

As two others have mentioned, Metropolitan Detail and Northwest Auto Salon do amazing work in your area. Click the link below to find the complete list of installers in the Washington area. Best bet is to call around, and even stop by the shops to see the work first hand.

Clear Bra Washington

and since you mentioned Portland area we have a great location there as well at

503 Motoring
5703 Southwest Arctic Drive
Beaverton, OR 97005
http://www.503motoring.com
(503) 469-9821

Hope this helps, if you have any questions let us know. We're happy to help and support the NSX community.

Thanks for the post XPEL!

And computron, thanks for the clarification. There is no seam there. Just a reflection from where the car was sitting.

Thanks for the post XPEL!

And computron, thanks for the clarification. There is no seam there. Just a reflection from where the car was sitting.

That's so confusing. If you have no seam there, then it appears that different installers can do different "full" coverages with XPEL. Even XPEL themselves have replied to me that the inner edge in front of the headlights cannot be done because of the extreme curvature. But it appears that you Ira have it covered as one piece. I'm confused.

Yep, one piece. I can take more photos if you'd like, or a video. Feel free to text me 503.957.8260 and I can send more over.

I'd love to see your car in person sometime. We both ended up finding our cars around the same time. Nice to have more 02+ in the PacNW :)

Last edited:
Yep, once piece. I can take more photos if you'd like, or a video. Feel free to text me 503.957.8260 and I can send more over.

I'd love to see your car in person sometime. We both ended up finding our cars around the same time. Nice to have more 02+ in the PacNW :)

I don't think I need any more pictures. Thanks for the offer though. I'm kinda pissed now that my place couldn't do what yours did for you.... and I paid a hefty penny too!

Whenever you are up here in Seattle, drop me a note and maybe we can get together. I'd love to see your car in person too! Love the LBBP color!!

Back