• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Custom Widebody Wheels

Hey guys, I've done searched NSX Prime, talked to both Shad and Chris at SOS and have come to a general consensus on the best wheel/tire sizing combo for the custom wide body I'm going to do. Let me know if I'm way off base with calculations. Keep in mind my car is going to be track oriented and has the CT/Brembo "indy" setup. Let me know what you think:

Front:
18x10" Offset +12 with 255/35-18 tires.

Rear:
19x12" Offset +15 with 325/30-19 tires.

Tires will by Toyo Tires (R888) Competition Rims.

Diameter ratio is 1.060 which is close to the 1991 1.069.

The fender flares will be built to enclose the wheels. I'm building a custom set of wheels for this application. I will be using my current Gram Lights 57fxxx 18x8 and 19x10 wheels with 50mm spacers to give me an idea of how the fenders will look, as it will take about 3 weeks to build the wheels.

Wheels will be similar to HRE RS 105s in design and concept.

Let me know if I'm way off.. I could be.

Rich

You may possibly rub on the inner chassis wall.

Do you think front or rear? I mean, since its in the early stages, I can bring the fender flares as far out as I want if I need to add a little offset to avoid that.

I'm sure there are others who have wide-bodied their car who can chime in as well?

Back