• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

rear speaker enclosure

Flux_Capacitor_Time_Machine_by_cavemanmac.jpg

Someone on the forum has got a DeLorean, that would be suitable indeed :) But i got to admit that would be quite awesome, people are already puzzled when seeing the car from outside, imagine the "oh f***" factor with that gizmo inside :D

cupholder

I could not find a use for the rear speaker space , but I did find the speaker grill surface was useable as mounting for a water bottle holder . Folded , it is not noticeable . I just discovered , that I do not know how to add pictures as an attachment . If interested , PM me , and I will send pictures .

I installed an SOS stereo system bypassing the head unit and instead utilized a Bluetooth receiver so I can control the system with my iPhone. I took out the center speaker and mounted the Bluetooth receiver right behind that grill, working perfectly! There is also a post somewhere on here where a primer took an s2000 center console and mounted it vertically where that center speaker panel was for more storage space in the car, looked cool but took some effort!

I installed an SOS stereo system bypassing the head unit and instead utilized a Bluetooth receiver so I can control the system with my iPhone. I took out the center speaker and mounted the Bluetooth receiver right behind that grill, working perfectly! There is also a post somewhere on here where a primer took an s2000 center console and mounted it vertically where that center speaker panel was for more storage space in the car, looked cool but took some effort!

Which Bluetooth unit are you using?

I'm using a Fusion MS-BT100 "Marine Bluetooth Module" which is working perfectly on dry land. Basically that sends the audio signal to a JL Audio remote line level to control volume, from there to an Audio Control EQ for system sound adjustment, then to the amplifier, then speakers included in the SOS stage two system.

I mounted the the volume knob in what I would call the coin tray in the armrest. Looking in the car, unless you noticed the small black knob mounted in the small black tray, it would look 100% stock as the head unit is still powered up and displays a radio station channel.....that is until you fire it up, I'm in love with the SOS system!

additionally, even though I never listen to the radio, I did run RCA's from the stock head unit to the "b" input on my EQ using an aftermarket SOS wiring harness so that the system can run using the stock head unit by flipping one switch (and plugging in the power antenna.....no need to look like a tall sailing ship listening to iTunes!)

Sorry for the threadjacking! I did take pics of my install and probably should do a how-to I suppose.....

Will your bluetooth automatically reconnect after you have left the car and come back?

Wait, you mean auto connect after the car power is cycled? The Kinivo reconnects every time without fail. Now whether it reconnects when you leave it on and go out of range then return, I do not know (but doubt).

Back