• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Mustang Mach 40 piece of art

Saw this car today at our local cars and coffee. The owner said it was a project that started and just got out of control (sound familiar)? Hand crafted body panels and some amazing engineering produced a fantastic ride. Figured I would share. I apologize for the crap phone pics in advance.

da9ac4c6a9b14c77cc17944e133cc9ae.jpg

48fb75b0a6f9a620febafed314e2874b.jpg

9648f8a0cc0206197ffaadccac4daff7.jpg

Whoa. You made me google the mach 40, didnt know there were mid engine mustangs.. Very, very impressive. And it's very good looking, '69 mustangs are my favorite and i have to admit that one is also close to the top.

Well I think this is probably one of the very few mid engine mustangs in the world. He wanted a blend of old and new with gt40 influence. So he built one! Why not?! Engine and transaxle out of a gt40 pushing like 800 horse. He did say its a heavy car with 800 horse. The hand rolled fenders and aluminum body panels really are something to see in person. My dumpy pictures do it no justice.

Back