• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsxpo 2014

Not sure I want to go either. Pretty expensive and last expo I felt like the older crowd kept to themselves and didn't really want anything to do with the younger crowd. Not everyone was like this though. Just saying. I really thought there would be something involving the new Nsx, oh well

My decision is based on scheduling conflicts. I can't believe Honda won't jump in...but most likely a last minute decision. Would be a shame to miss that opportunity if it happens.

Dave

Not sure I want to go either. Pretty expensive and last expo I felt like the older crowd kept to themselves and didn't really want anything to do with the younger crowd. Not everyone was like this though. Just saying. I really thought there would be something involving the new Nsx, oh well

I am registered and have booked my hotels. Looking forward to it and I REALLY hope that Honda/Acura will step up to the plate and get involved which it sounds like they are doing more of.

Only debate I have is whether to make the 6-8 hour drive or simply fly. It is significantly cheaper and infinitely faster to fly and with the rather long NSXPO this year that is starting to be a factor for me. Will have to see.

I hear you about the age division, but then again we did have a bunch of fun late night while the older folks were tucked in to bed :p

qjpw.jpg

Guys. Don't miss it.

Honda/Acura stepped up last year and now they are again this year too. I have a bunch of big announcements coming tomorrow. There is something to do for every age. This year is action packed and constantly something going on. Syndicate, Bring the car! It will be worth it.

Brian

I am going. Most of the coordination for the DC-area NSXs seems to be in the FB group but I will try to flit back and forth between here and the NoVA NSX page.

I am currently 50/50 on going. Mostly like be planning to go Thurs/Fri/Sat. So probably looking for a room mate for Wed (maybe), Thurs and Friday night.

Few weeks away...who's going and when are you guys departing?

I am going. We have a thread going on in the NoVA NSX group right now coordinating the drive. Right now I am leaning towards leaving on Wednesday and taking my pretty time getting there via scenic roads in WV and southern OH.

OK guys, the Florida boys are creating a group ride and inviting you along...

Here's the gist of that forum... head on over and sign yourselves up!

It's getting near the wire for early registration - a $75 discount from registering after the 1st of October. This year's event is going to be fabulous with the whole town coming out for a grand NSX parade, a dyno on tech day, and the Head of Major Projects for Honda coming to join us. For many lucky registrants, a tour of the Honda plant. So make sure you put this on your calendar and let's have some fun together.

I'm leaving on Tuesday - it's a 15 hour drive from Sarasota and the current plan is to meet up perhaps in Orlando with Hugh and Wei-Shen and make the ride in two days. Last year's trip was excellent. This year we'll probably stop in Atlanta to meet up with the guys from there. 10/15 cars in a ride to Columbus, it doesn't get much better than that!

So, add your name to the list, something about your ride, and whether or not you'll have a navigator and we'll create the particulars over the next week or so.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...up-and-or-back

1. Flabuf - '95 Sebring Silver, SOS twin turbo, red-headed guest

I am going. We have a thread going on in the NoVA NSX group right now coordinating the drive. Right now I am leaning towards leaving on Wednesday and taking my pretty time getting there via scenic roads in WV and southern OH.

Fred, I've driven that route several times in my NSX going to the Dayton area. It's a great drive and will be even better this time of year.

Dave

Fred, I've driven that route several times in my NSX going to the Dayton area. It's a great drive and will be even better this time of year.

Dave

one of my concerns was the actual condition of the roads, Dave what route have to taken? was it i-70?

OK guys, the Florida boys are creating a group ride and inviting you along...

Very kind of you to extend the invite and it would be great fun to catch up with you. However, I am not sure that the logistics make the most sense. We will be heading nearly due east from DC and you should be heading mostly North from Atlanta so it doesn't look like our paths will cross.

bcY06j.jpg

Hey all, currently our plan is to leave from the DC area on Wednesday early morning and will take about seven hours to reach Columbus. If anyone needs specifics or wants to suggest something different, please send me a PM or post here. As previously indicated, most of our coordination right now is on the FB page.

I believe we have five NSXs from the DC area headed out West so far.

one of my concerns was the actual condition of the roads, Dave what route have to taken? was it i-70?

Sorry about the delayed response...was out of town. My route probably wouldn't work for those of you closer into DC. I headed west from Culpeper and took 64 through Charleston, WV. Beautiful drive though.

Dave

Sorry about the delayed response...was out of town. My route probably wouldn't work for those of you closer into DC. I headed west from Culpeper and took 64 through Charleston, WV. Beautiful drive though.

Dave

Agreed, that drops us pretty far south. We are looking at 68W to Morgantown. Then branching South for a bit of scenic driving rather than cutting north and connecting with Rte70

I have driven both I-68~I-70 and I-64; personally I do think I-64 is the more interesting road but it would add time to our drive. Road conditions on both are quite good. The other thing to consider, especially if we are driving in the early morning, is the risk from any deer that may be out and about along either of these routes.

I have driven both I-68~I-70 and I-64; personally I do think I-64 is the more interesting road but it would add time to our drive. Road conditions on both are quite good. The other thing to consider, especially if we are driving in the early morning, is the risk from any deer that may be out and about along either of these routes.

Keep your car in a low gear. Bad fuel economy - good deer safety. ;)

I am registered and have booked my hotels. Looking forward to it and I REALLY hope that Honda/Acura will step up to the plate and get involved which it sounds like they are doing more of. Only debate I have is whether to make the 6-8 hour drive or simply fly. It is significantly cheaper and infinitely faster to fly and with the rather long NSXPO this year that is starting to be a factor for me. Will have to see. I hear you about the age division, but then again we did have a bunch of fun late night while the older folks were tucked in to bed :p
qjpw.jpg
Where is this pic at? Are there gatherings in our area at night? If so I would like to come sometime. Thanks, Randy

Where is this pic at? Are there gatherings in our area at night? If so I would like to come sometime. Thanks, Randy

This is a photo from last year's NSXPO. Some of the more adventuresome of us left behind the standard NSXPO activities and hit the streets and embarked on "NSXPO after Dark". There were some local NSX owners who directed us to this nighttime gathering of petrol heads. Nice group of people and rolling in with 7-10 NSXs tends to get you a little bit of a superstar welcome from the crowd.

I fully intend to encourage similar behavior at this year's NSXPO :)

Probably the closest event I have seen to this is the Springfield meetup on Monday nights. Although it isn't quite the same as a NSX in DC doesn't cause the same stir as a NSX in Raleigh. If you want to get in on some local meets, we do a lot of organizing on our regional facebook page. Send me a PM with the email address you use on Facebook and I can get you in on it.

There are several late night meets in the DC-area. The Springfield one on Mondays is currently suspended but that one tends to pop up elsewhere in the area all the time. I expect another resurgence soon. The other late night ones are in Centreville (Tuesdays), Frederick (Thursdays), Gaithersburg/Rockville (Fridays) and Sterling (Fridays). We are actually pretty active in going to these; as mentioned above we usually coordinate via Facebook.

Back