• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Issue with pressing the brake pedal and radio / CCU illumination issue

Ok.. this is a weird one.. I have search the archive the did not find anything on this.

I noticed this after I converted all bulbs to LED. I am not sure if it's related.. but here it goes...

If I press the brake pedal and..

Radio is on = Display will dim to as if I turned on the parking light, radio buttons will flicker
CCU is on = Display will flicker

This only occur if I don't have my parking light/main beam on. Everything is fine (no flickers/dims) if I have my parking light/main beam on.

Any idea would be greatly appreciate it! :smile:

^+1 Agree.

kinda like if you buy used rims put on your car and go drive and the steeringwheel shakes at high speeds.

put old rims back on test again..... then you figured out the rims or rim is bent LOL

all the LED's may be pulling more power than regular bulbs. you can also put in a slightly larger fuse that may help.
or find all your ground leads and sand them clean them up see if that helps.

anytime the NSX does funky things electrically its normally a grounding issue.

goodluck report back

finally did it. changed all four bulbs back to incandescent and the dash lights stopped flickering when the brake padle is pressed.

I will try it with a larger fuse and maybe switch two of the four to LEDs and see what happens.

Thanks!

finally did it. changed all four bulbs back to incandescent and the dash lights stopped flickering when the brake padle is pressed.

I will try it with a larger fuse and maybe switch two of the four to LEDs and see what happens.

Thanks!

Kennyc did you find a fix? my lights started doing that too after led installed, it actually turns on you parking lights when I brake. I'm still trouble shooting this problem

I'm thinking you need what they call canbus led bulbs. I did this conversion awhile back and mine did the same thing till I found out about the canbus led bulbs and switched them out. Hope that helps.

Thanks!

Do mcrider's flasher mod and the issue with the LEDs will go away. I would not try a larger fuse. Also, LED bulb quality varies greatly. Initially, I used the Pilot LEDs available from Autozone and saw the same issues that you did but I switched over to the Superbright LEDs in mcrider's write up and it's now perfect. Love it :smile:

Last edited:
^+1 Agree.

kinda like if you buy used rims put on your car and go drive and the steeringwheel shakes at high speeds.

put old rims back on test again..... then you figured out the rims or rim is bent LOL

all the LED's may be pulling more power than regular bulbs. you can also put in a slightly larger fuse that may help.
or find all your ground leads and sand them clean them up see if that helps.

anytime the NSX does funky things electrically its normally a grounding issue.

goodluck report back

NO! NO!! NO!!! Please don't listen to this!!! The LEDs need a proper sized RESISTOR, not a larger fuse!

LEDs pull more current and need a resistor to equalize it properly! Remember the Ohm's law, V=IR??

It's not doing it because of a ground issue. It's doing it because the electrical system is designed for a bulb that has a certain resistance where the LED replacements are too low.

Last edited:
Back